Can we have our new vet weapons now?

please?

11 Likes

Why put any more effort into the base classes when they know they have a whole line of premium classes on their way out? Who’s going to play Vet anymore after Tempestor drops?

/jk (I hope)

My real guess is that it will either be part of this September update or it will be forgotten and pushed back till next year.

I’m more sad that they seem intent on making a relic blade clone instead of touching up like 3 enemy type modifiers that make the unpowered regular sword ass to use without the button. And maybe like 5.4 hitmass on the lights like other swords would be nice since it has less targets hit anyway.

Yes please!

What? Have you not understood the warp varlet?!
Many things get lost in the void. Almost equally many in the bureaucracy. In the halls on holy Terra a lonely post among quintillions of others. Read by a lonely servant barely fluent in the gothic it is meant to deliver to its’ masters.
The tech is likely forgotten by now.

Tbh i like the idea os tempestus scion. Now i want to see it. Even tho it literally will be just veteran but better

by now i see the ā€œlegacy classesā€ as bonus difficulty.

having such a void between auric maelstrom and havoc its like a make-belief ā€œbeat takeshiā€

only that it’s beat arbiti….

pretty much by the same factor as the old japanese show, the odds are hugely against you (or the targeted arbi sucks balls)

but whenever you take him down it’s a good feeling :rofl:

so underdog classes aren’t a bad thing (unless you wanna clear havoc 40 10 times a day with your premade :smile: )

No new weapons. Only repetitive ā€˜live service’ events. All the actual programmers are working on the Unreal 5 game.

I’m not. I’ll never use Power Sword P1 again. :face_vomiting:

To me it’s kind of galling. Not only does it reek of an asspull so they can technically claim they made good on the promise they’ve been putting off since last November, but I don’t like the idea of Fatshark ā€œfixingā€ a weapon by tossing out a variant with enough improvements that the old version is set up to just be thrown to the wayside as trash - Especially when you remember how painful it was to get Power Cycler 4 before the item rework.

****’s sake, there’s oodles of weapons that players have been begging for that line up well with ex-Guardsman Rejects turned Inquisitorial Acolytes (Hellguns, Melta, ect.) and they best they could come up with after nearly a year is a knock-off Relic Blade??

The problem with the idea of changing current PSword to a Relic system, is that it would also need an active state nerf, which the PSword users would clamour against.

Not only this, but certain Blessings would need to be reworked to accommodate that. Making a new Weapon Family is just a better option to keep both camps happy!

Edit: I accidentally quoted your entire Reply.

Heat system is also an uptime nerf for players who have mastered the activation clunk.

I’m not sure some of the people asking for this are emotionally ready for all the knock-on changes a heat system would bring.

Heat system would mean that they lower the PS damages. Also, changing how a weapons works after 2 years, is really a bad idea.
Perso, I would have loved a PS with relic blade system… but at beginning.

Changing that now is like replacing a weapon by an other weapon.

They could, however, introduce a new weapon. Maybe one common to all human class (like the combat axe and tactical axe are).
What I will say will make me hated… what about a power knife?
Of course… it should be a weapon that allow fast move, but it should be under the combat blade. Like it should unpowered… just to balance things

Back on topic… They have promised them. I feel veteran something I don’t like to play (boring, keystones are bad). However, there are players here that enjoy it, and they never got the new content promised for the class.
Please, Fatshark, deliver it…

Of all the non-Mundane weapons, I kinda feel like Power is the lamest.

Chain and shock have their particularities, Force is very versatile development wise.

And there can be Veteran specific melee that aren’t just Power-ā€œmelee weapon we kind of haveā€.

Catachan Glaives, Hunting Lance (Could have variants for different charges), Power Fist, Sword&Pistol…

Hoping for power fist one day, although the animators might struggle with things like the wield/pullout animation.

The Grenadier Gauntlet work, so I would say it’s workable, though probably not the overly bulky Power Fist, there are smaller ones.

The only problem I would see with a PFist is the unpowered/normal attacks

Relic blade also needs a powered nerf but people yell at me when I say this

Technically a power-fist really would be nothing more than the hand and lower arm portion of a powered armored suit with a field generator and a power source attached. Since 40k has for decades made it clear that there are human-sized sets of power armor newly made it wouldn’t be a stretch for a full magos to shove the relevant servos, etc into some salvaged carapace armor.

Put it in the off-hand like the orgyn’s shield and using the same basic control layout with its attacks being single–target focused. Special attack like a thunder-hammer with the reason beinng to conserve power (unlike Space Marines we aren’t all carrying a fusion reactor on our backs).