Bully club for ogryn priorites body shot/cant headshot w/ heavy attacks

Issue Description:
playing ogryn, i find it very hard to headshot w/ the bully club when trying to use heavy attacks. matter of fact, the pox hound is the only thing i can consistently headshot. this is the same problem that one of the tactical axes was having that may or may not have been corrected.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. load ogryn w/ bully club
  2. go to psykanotorium
  3. try to land a head shot w/ heavy 1

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
steam

4 Likes

@fatshark is this intended or is this a bug? i see its acknowledged but idk what that means. is this something you guys are gonna fix or is it supposed to work this way

1 Like

After some testing, the “rule” of this bug seems to be: priotize body over head if the swing’s hitbox could connect to both parts. E.g. Trying to heavy1 overhead strike a Drag MG-Gunner (flak armored, except head) will always hit the flak armored body, except when you aim so high that only the last bit of the swing can connect - then it hits his head(unarmored). Same on those Drag normal guys with flak helmet.
When hitting bulwarks in their back with heavy2, it does its superior unyielding dmg. But on reaper, it always hits flak armored (unless the swing’s hitbox can only hit his head by aiming so high that the hit only can connect to head but not his shoulders (which is a really tiny window) - making it better to use the weaker vs unyielding heavy1 on them, unfortunatly.
If you fix this, increasing the weakspot dmg would be welcomed, becaused right now, the weakspot bonus dmg on some hits is a joke (like 330 normal, 340 weakspot dmg)
@FatsharkCatfish @FatsharkQuickpaw

2 Likes

Happens with Krourk Cleavers and Bull Butcher too. Not sure if it’s Ogryn specific, I just recently messed with those weapons in Psykhanium a bunch and noted that it’s almost impossible to land a headshot unless the weapon doesn’t hit a single other pixel other than a head.

Melee headshots should feel consistent: if a swing hits a weakpoint before it stops (due to cleave limits), then it should be a weakpoint hit.

1 Like

The opposite happens for ranged attacks, where if you hit the arm with the body behind the arm it takes the arm damage value. If your weapon has enough cleave it should count as a body hit. Very frustrating to have a plasma centre mass shot blocked by an arm when you can otherwise blast through a wall.

1 Like

It’s intended. hit_zone_priority is a thing in weapon profiles per attack and can result in very counterintuitive weapon behavior.

well can this not be a thing then? we’re playing the computer game to click on heads. this goes against any and every game and years of muscle memory

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is a bug. People reported the exact same issue for the rashad axe and it wasn’t marked not-a-bug. Just a matter of waiting and hoping for a fix.

1 Like