BUG Game repeatedly wont fully close, freezing steam and causing MAJOR discrepancy with playtime (45 hours, lol)

So I’ve now had this happen several times. I play, I exit through the “quit game” option, game closes, i think it’s all good. Then When i open up steam later it claims its still running, I hit “STOP” through Steam to kill it, it tries, and says it’s “stopping” but never is able to, minutes go by, it still claims it’s “stopping” and I finally have to close Steam completely, and kill all the processes to actually end the game

Luckily i’m not planning on refunding the game, because since this keeps happening Steam now says i’ve played 45 hours, when in reality it’s around 3, but for anyone else who is on the fence, check to make sure it’s closed because otherwise you will be stuck with it

1 Like

same problem i had way back. Only solution for me was to completely reinstall the game, and also the newer patches may have helped. still crashes a ton though but at least it doesnt freeze whole pc and steam

We’re on the case. :slight_smile:

That’s good to know and all but… It’s still happening. Three times today. Literally the only fix is closing steam completely and restarting it. Today for instance I apparently logged another 9 hours in the game, even though I only played for about 45 minutes because the game never fully closes

I can confirm this is still happening for me today/past two days that suddenly crept up. (made a post in wrong section about it!)

Glad to hear it’s being worked on, I can confirm the culprit is the CrashReporter.exe when the game exits… force closing this from Task Manager allowed Steam to be freed up.

Seems after force closing it as well allows me to quit fine with future launches so far? (not sure this is permanent or what triggered it to start behaving as such the first place sadly… I get a LOT of server disconnects (1-2 per run on gigabit hardwired fiber internet) & hangs/rubber banding mid-game, … but usually not full crashes). Maybe certain errors/logs/data being reported are somehow tied to it?

Food for thought

1 Like

It’s 2023 now… and it’s still happening. Maybe Fatshark is waiting until our libraries say we’ve “played” 1000 hours first before fixing it?