BOTS and issues

I feel like the bots in Darktide are a bit lackluster and/or buggy. In Vermintide 2, if I pinged a Grimoire, a BOT would pick it up and carry it. The game has just been released, and I’m already struggling to find players, I tend to be in a lobby with 3 other BOTS, and then I cannot get my secondary objectives complete as they don’t pick up Scriptures or Grimoires. They also do not pick up health crates or ammo crates when pinged, forcing me to either leave a scripture for a crate or not have the crate at all. Then on the buggy side, I just failed an assassination quest due to a BOT bugging. The boss was at the bottom of an elevator, and we all had to be in the elevator to proceed. After reaching the bottom, somehow the BOT was on top of the elevator, and wouldn’t drop down. It also never shot the boss at all. When I and the other 2 BOTS went down, the final BOT couldn’t revive or anything, and so the mission failed. Which was extremely annoying as I had done the whole mission without being downed, only to be downed once and the BOT not being able to help at all.

3 Likes

Right now the bot are just placeholder until someone join.
Close to no work was put into them… they are all lvl 1 veterant with no gear and a barly functional AI.