Bot suggestions to fix them and make them more immersive (possibly adding features)

on legend that is not as huge of a problem as it is on cata. when chaos warriors have double health than their legend versions and the bots arent able to dodge more then one attack at a time then it basically becomes you alone against a patrol. stormvermin patrol isnt that bad as long as you are prepared, but when iron breaker bot pulls it throw a wall while there is a horde and monster around then it is a bit difficult to survive.

1 Like

Ironbreaker pulling a patrol is perfect. I’ve killed Chaos patrols on Cataclysm with just bots, during a horde, as FK with sword & shield. IB just holds everything for 15s, Zealot then gets huddled and refuses to die, Unchained pumps tHP, I get to just beat on everything. It’s nice.

Yea using as bait, thats the strat. you use bots to just take aggro away from you.

My opinion is that stronger bot are not really needed. We need useful ones who are not simples running around chasing any skirt they see and that when it’s the moment, stand still staring at the infinite.

I like the idea of having some archetypes coded. Maybe something along the lines of Ranged, Assassin, Frontline and Tanks?

Only the ranged careers would snipe specials and use some of their ammo and ults on bosses. Assassins would focus heavily on bosses and elites. Frontline would focus on crowd control, clearing hordes, protecting ranged careers while shooting? And Tanks would focus on aggroing bosses, elites, patrols and crowd control if none of those are present.

This I think would create an experience more similar to playing with actual people, and would fix some of these issues as well

2 Likes

Agree with everyone and everything said, fix those damn bots.

1 Like

Just showing how annoying they are… Why is the Saltz bot running about with ranged out for no reason?

When they do this, they ignore enemies right next to them, so you’ll constantly get wooshes or hit in the back, turn around and see a bot with their ranged out.

When enemies come towards the group, the bots will run away from them to get behind you, leading Elite attacks into the players.

(I died at the tower and didn’t respawn lol)

4 Likes

Just this day I had a situation where I was disabled by an assassin and I got downed. Ironbreaker bot was the only one alive. He knocked the assassin off of me and killed it. And then he legit walked away to kill a special far away. Nothing on me, I could have been revived just fine, but the bot literally just walked away. I kid you not.

4 Likes

Very relatable, happens all the time. Bots sometimes decide to just straight up not revive. Sometimes all 3 just stand around downed me doing nothing…

2 Likes

it would be nice if fatshark would actually allow modders to improve the bots, and sanction the mods

2 Likes

First of all, they should not chase the specials.

Second, they should use their ranged weapons in “range”.

4 Likes

I mean.
I can live with bots not dealing extreme amounts of damage but at champion it becomes obvious that they are not up to snuff.

Sometimes, they stand in front of enemies and ignore them, sometimes they seem to be “locked on” to some enemy we can’t even see.

Since the last update on Xbox, they became extra speshul and now jump off edges and get stuck everywhere possible.

Its OK when whey act braindead on veteran but champion itself is enough of a step up without the bots constantly being totally brain dead.

To (losely) quote Blackadder. “If cannibals was to crack open their skulls, they won’t find enough in it to cover a water bisquit.”

3 Likes