Bolters

Wow didn’t know bolter is the worst weapon in 40k.
Always thought it is the strongest one.

Can I delete all my bolters or are you planning to buff them finally?
FFS!

3 Likes

INB4 “Bolters are good, you just don’t know how to use them”.
Yeah boltgun is meh, pistol would be more useful as a ogryn rock.

5 Likes

I quite like that the iconically powerful weapons are more technical to use to balance them against autoguns etc and to reward more skilled play. Unfortunately the bolters need just a bit more accuracy and punch to justify this tradeoff and stay competitive.

1 Like

Why would we want to push the Bolters accuracy in any way or form? We already have quite enough headshot focused weapons. Push the damage into an area that makes the jumpy ADS a downside instead of a dealbreaker.

If every gun just gets its swap time reduced to split seconds and its accuracy/stability trivialized, all we have is a bunch of guns that look different but feel the same.

10 Likes

Those playing for longer might recall vet bolter with pinning fire and instant reload via use of special ability.

Ugh. Just deleted the screen in front of you.

Happy for a balance patch, but I don’t want an I win gun again. And surely each weapon should fulfil an equal niche, else why bother having them.

3 Likes

I hope for buffs.

5 Likes

Bolter needs draw speed and reload speed nerfs reverted. We play a completely different game than the time back when Bolters carried games, before Auric existed, before enemies all had their hp buffed, before armor patrols existed.

2 Likes

You are not wrong.

But you have to understand that the game designers insist that every weapon should be equal and carefully balance them to that effect.

There are techs and talents to deal with both of those issues, for both veteran and zealot. Buffing other areas would have greater impact.

bolter should stay as it is, its the other weapons that needs nerfs (balanced around it)

autoguns and lasguns should have no place in damnation other than challenge builds

to be honest though the best way to buff Bolter would be to remove/nerf rending talents like these

immagine

immagine

these are the talents that makes small arms overperform

this way Bolter would have its niche back at being the few things that could deal with large amounts of armor (as it was in patch 12)

the game was just better back then

I’m going to be honest, the entire game needs a balance pass at this point.

How many broken blessings are there on staves? I’m hoping the crafting rework has a blessing rework attached to it…

dont sweat it the gave up on ranged weapons balancing. melee meta since 1997 is the way with a trusty old revolver caliber .50 or your good old friend ak 47 that pierces armor better then a charged up helbore mk 3. and for our special you can hipfire the good old plasma gun , melee range mid range it does not matter it just works. buy now only 9,99

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.