Bolter sometimes does not kill scab gunners and other weak mobs on direct hit

Issue Description:

Sometimes when shooting basic mobs, they will block the shot with their forearm and not die. It’s kind of annoying since a regular shot to their torso kills them. Since the bolter can pierce walls, it should still kill enemies even if it hits their arm.

There was a bugfix announced for the plasma gun which resolves this issue, it probably just needs to be applied to the bolter too.

Steps to Reproduce:

It’s difficult to repro but you need to shoot a scab gunner in the forearm while they aim at you. It will make their arm gory but will leave them alive.

Platform:

PC

Reproduction Rate:

Constant (100%)

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s neccesarily a bug fix. I want to see if the updated Plasma gun will still be able to get headshot damage.

I think this is intended, even if it’s a questionable choice imho. Happens with other weapons like the Stub Revolver that cleaves several shooters so would definitly hit the chest or the head but no, arm damge :upside_down_face: :person_shrugging:

Yeah its pretty stupid but boltgun does have staggering fire to work around this, at like 1 stack (so after hitting something with 1 shot) it stops being a factor for 5s or whatever. Revolver is the one truly ruined by this which is what I think TC meant.

My understanding is that it will always basically do max damage on hit? Or maybe they just made it so limbs use the same damage multiplier as the torso with their change.

They basically just need to do that for the bolter. No way in hell any basic enemy should survive a bolter hit to their torso even if their arm is in front.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.