Bolter damage RESETS to a high and a low damage mode in meat grinder

Issue Description:

In meat grinder, the bolter will deal HIGH damage, killing the crusher in less than a mag.

Then, upon negligible change to the loadout, the bolter will deal LOW damage, killing the crusher in much more than a mag.

Steps to Reproduce:
Step 3. occurs at about 1:40.

1. Load meatgrinder on a high difficulty with a bolter equipped.
  2. Test your damage against the crusher - observe that you can ALWAYS kill him in less than a mag.
  3. Equip a new MELEE weapon (this should have no effect on the bolter to my knowledge)
  4. Test your damage again - observe that damage is much lower (or perhaps its DIFFERENT) and you can’t kill the crusher in a mag anymore
    5.??? Not reproducible so far, but I’m able to get my gun BACK to a HIGH damage mode.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
NONE

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
STEAM

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
TODAY 02 December

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
100% (so far)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

Thank you for your report. Could you please provide a console log from a session where this happened, as well as your launcher log file? I believe the steps for how to find these files are written down in your post :slight_smile: