Beastmen have been nerfed into the ground

Good that there are some people outside of my ingame friends that kind share my thoughts on this, good old Adelion is a rock as usual!

1 Like

What units the Beastmen have are quite limited, so they’re the focus of a lot of discussion - rightly so. BUT

The horde consisting of Gors with some Ungors mixed in is a bit like Shielded Clanrats with some slaves mixed in. Personally, I’d rather see as lot more Ungors in the horde but have them do their spear-bodge attack properly (not up stairs through a bookcase etc).

I’m somehow circling back to the fact their roster is spread thin and so the options to offer challenge are limited to ; Lots of Banners(Nerfed due to pinball-off-the-cliff), Lots of Bestigors(Nerfed due to multi-charge into the next life), Faster enemies (headbutt and kick(?) removed) and longer distance attacks(removed).

I personally think all of those changes were absolutely necessary for reason of fairness (no one likes dying to something uncontrollable), and some of the people advocating that the beastmen have been nerfed were also the ones moaning bitterly about the banner-stacking and Ungor stab attacks.

The lack of specials is the real reason for the Dev’s having to focus on what they’ve got for difficulty, and the only real option they’ve got at the moment are tough Gors, and adding specials in the future.

Adding in a Bray Shaman that has some different type of attack would be a sudden and great change. Maybe they shoot a spell like the Leech but if it hits you the player is simply teleported out of position. Anything that adds some variety is better than buffing Beastmen (TOO HARD!) and Nerfing beastmen (TOO EASY!).

What I’m saying is that there are very little options left for the Dev’s that haven’t been experimented with or removed due to community backlash.

4 Likes

on the flip side they still spawn right behind you making it virtually impossible to defend. so sure yeah they have been nerfed to oblivion BUT they are broken so that cancells out the nerf

I’ve never encountered this problem. I wish they would spawn closer to me so I can kill them faster. Would be different if you had monks or berserkers doing that. Beastmen just get swatted anyway.

I’ve suggested a Bray Shaman before with delayed magical attacks like the Lightning Strike Effect from weaves. Perhaps another with entangling roots or something. These attacks would only impact 1 character so having 2-3 of these specials wouldn’t be over whelming but would add a decent amount of chaos to a fight.

The combination of poor design, bugs, imbalances and lack of enemy types has always been disappointing to me when it comes to the Beastmen.

Havnt played for awhile beastment still suck. They seem to have less hp but nothing that was problematic about them has changed. Still spawn point blank, still Benny hilling out from behind pillars still spawning archers outside of area so slayter cant kill them… at all ever. Still spawning in strangely dense mobs inside hordes.

They are on legend more difficult than any other faction.