Beam Staff: Proc Interactions

This is a game Dev problem as I have brought up before. If the Devs actually fix RSS so it does what it says it’s supposed to do, it would be useless on Sienna. It’s supposed to take 2% off your ULT cool down with every crit, not 2 seconds. If it was working as intended, that would be less that 1 second off cool down. And then the trait would actually be useful on classes with really long cool downs and wouldn’t affect short cool down classes.

I tested the temp HP on crit and I personally didn’t like it. Nearly died a few times, mind you I only tried it for 4 games then switched back. You have to beam wiggle to get that temp HP which gimps your overall damage output. It’s definitely 2nd tier compared to Temp HP on kill which allows you to maximize damage output and still regen HP for venting. Considering you can wipe an entire horde with shotgun blasting in the time it takes you to kill the first wave with the beam wiggle/ULT spam, it’s not a viable build. The only time it would shine, would be during a boss fight. In which case you have unlimited Temp HP to do charged left clicks. Also again, exploding the beam on the boss is going to do more damage than beam staff wiggling/ULT spam.

Personally, I really think the Temp HP on Crit should be removed and replaced with another talent. Pyro is only class that it even sort of works on.

Again, I don’t find it useful, there was never a point where I could justify lowering my damage output to get my ULT back faster. I suppose for newer players who don’t know how to dodge bosses and so on. The knockback of the ULT could be more useful in keeping them alive. And just keep stunning the boss and hope your team mates kill it.

3 Likes

I forgot to respond to this. This is a really bad idea. You want your heat to be as high as possible when you throw your ULT. Proper heat management is key to playing well with Sienna. Most of the builds you guys seem to be complaining about are handicap builds, or crutch builds that only the newest players should be using to get comfortable with the class. By the time you get to Legend, you should not be running these builds and should be going for maximum damage output. At least… that’s how I feel. But then again, if I had a dollar for every time I saw a Waystalker with a Swiftbow in Legend…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s obviously a contentious issue and one we’ll allow revisits on after the next balance update. Thanks <3

6 Likes