Beam Staff: Proc Interactions

Please refer to here, which was never addressed. Yes, it’s my own post but if you’re going to rehash old stuff I’m gonna rehash the parts where I point out what’s wrong with it instead of retyping the same things over and over. Ultimately, its the devs’ game and they can do whatever they want. If they wanna tell people who can say what on their forums, that’s their right. It doesn’t mean their reasoning for doing so would be sound or logical or that their approach would make sense if that’s what they decided to do though. So now not only was the post you’re linking based around two fallacies (appeal to majority, appeal to popularity) but just linking it is an appeal to authority when that same authority has already said the beam staff is working as intended. As such, on top of every fallacious argument being presented to support “omg beam staff op plz nerf,” we’ve got mega-bias circular logic at play where devs are supposedly simultaneously a) not a sufficient authority to be taken at face value in terms of telling those people calling for nerf that they’re wrong and it’s working as intended, but also b) supposedly reasonable reasonable enough to reference as a cheap way of telling your opponents to shut up without having an actual argument as to why they should.

5 Likes