Back Off, Ugly! and Staggering Force synergy?

Fair enough. As for the diagonal upwards attack: I’m pretty sure that it is triggered by being to close to the CW. If you keep the optimum distance, they don’t seem to try it. So that’s another sort of counterplay, I guess. And it is at least blockable.

3 Likes

Uh, juicy information! I will test it, thanks.

Soo… here we go again…
Can someone confirm or debunk:
Back Off, Ugly!+Staggering Force+Opportunist does this combo gives extra THP?

I cannot 100% confirm, but from experience I’d say no, increasing stagger strength does not seem to change temp health gain. Kinda annoying to test though.

Edit: Ok judging from the comment below you can disregard my comment.

I can confirm that the temp HP trait does indeed give you:
1 hp for light stagger (flinch)
2 hp for medium stagger (stumble)
3 hp for heavy stagger (fall)

I tested this on the modded servers under controlled conditions.

If your stagger talents get you over a breakpoint for one of these - specifically on trash enemies, you will probably get more temp HP, (between +1 and +2 more per enemy) however if you are already getting stagger 3 on guys with one hit, it won’t help at all except for the tougher guys.

Edit: also I think it will only help for the first hit or two on each enemy since every hit adds one count of stagger. In the best case scenario it would be

+1 +2 +3 +3 +3 kill
To
+3 +3 +3 +3 +3 kill

Or for trash:
+1 +2 kill
To
+3 +3 kill

And lots of other possible variations

But if you kill guys in one hit you’ll get nothing, good day sir. I said good day!

4 Likes

I may be getting this wrong, but isn’t there also a cap to how much you can get per swing? Except for shield bash attacks obviously, but for everything else I was under the impression there was a cap, which would change up the math a fair bit.

Where can I research the breakpoints?

Ah man I think you’ll have to just test it on the modded realm wit the creature spawner. I went in and dug through the code to figure out how it all worked and it’s quite complicated. The basic elements seem to be

1. Your total power
  2. The stagger modifier of the attack you use
  3. The stagger resistance of the unit
  4. The stagger resistance of the attack the unit is using

None of the latter 3 of these seem to be straightforward to look up, but yeah, just regular old empirical testing in the keep with creature spawner seems to be the way.

Just be sure to have AI enabled.

1 Like

That’s why I think the system needs some serious explaining…
I really want to know how this option is defferent from that option…