Autogun Recoil Bugged When Using Controller

There seems to be a bug with autoguns when using a controller. When aiming down sites often the recoil kicks up extremely high and no amount of pulling down on the right stick will bring it back to level. You have to stop shooting entirely and let it reset. This doesn’t always happen but it happens more often than it doesn’t. This recoil pattern does not happen when using a mouse and keyboard. I’ve tested it across 3 different autoguns.

I also want to clarify that this is far and away more recoil than just being supressed would cause. I would estimate the inital recoil jump on controller when the bug occurs is about 5 to 10 times greater than when using a m/kb whether you’re being suppressed or not.

3 Likes

I can confirm this. I originally thought it was just a terribly designed weapon. But i tested it in the meat grinder and the gun handles COMPLETELY differently with M/K vs controller.

1 Like

I noticed this as well with my controller when switching fromM/K. It’s definitely a bug

1 Like

I was just coming here to report this exact thing, so glad I am not the only one with this persisting issue. Also makes me glad that I already preferred the Lasgun. I was wondering if it was just my controller brand is well; so maybe including that info may possibly help? I use a Wireless/Wired PDP Afterglow Wave Controller.

Also kinda felt like the game stopped the ridiculous recoil meters above the heads of enemies.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this bug, and it’s very unfortunate. It totally ruins the usability of the gun for me (both the burst version and auto versions have this bug.)

Hopefully Fatshark fixes this soon. For now, I will just stick with a Lasgun (on my veteran.)

1 Like

FYI I created a bug report which has since been acknowledged by FS:

No responses by devs on the thread, but they have acknowledged that they saw the post.

1 Like