Auric level restriction

Please consider instead of having Auric missions be level locked, instead make it require completing one of each mission type on damnation.

It will make very little difference for those who’ve played for a while, and I believe it will make for a much more reasonable transition from the levelling process, to finally reaching Auric missions.

Doing 7 types of missions on Damnation really won’t take people long, and they can acquire some better equipment at level 30, before finally making the leap to Auric (where things will be quite exciting, I’m sure).

I can’t see any reason why making this simple adjustment would cause any problems, but I’d be curious to hear opinions?

2 Likes

Grinding out 30 levels with a new class is the main reason I haven’t touched 2 of the classes. Grinding 30 levels then trying to figure out which of the 7 damnation missions I need to do sounds like plus ultra dogsht.

This idea is crapping on experienced and skilled players for no good reason tbh.

2 Likes

Good luck getting the investigation and repair missions appearing on the normal mission board on damnation during the time you have to play.

Good luck working out which last mission type you’re missing for the requirement without mods.

3 Likes

How about unlocking it once per account by clearing all damnation mission types, and then having a lvl 30 restriction for access on each character?

I also wouldn’t mind if every lvl 30 character in the roster would increase the xp gained by other characters by +50%.
Leveling is there to learn the game and the class.
After you have done it once or twice, you certainly do not need the same amount of time to learn the few new things that come with the new class.

2 Likes

How has this got anything to do with Auric missions? If you haven’t reached level 30 yet, why are you even thinking of auric missions?

I’d also like to add that most people get their Damnation portrait by accident, it isn’t something particularly challenging. “Experienced players” have usually already got their damnation portraits, and therefore are ready for Auric no?

Edit: The whole reason I came up with this @derpherp @zaygr is because anyone who hits level 30, regardless of whether they have even played Damnation before, can queue for Auric. The only restriction currently is “be level 30”. No gear check, no previous experience on the difficulty.

1 Like

As long as you can’t choose your missions, this would be very frustrating, no?

Uhhh, no. Everytime you see a person with a portrait related to a difficulty, they have already done what I’m suggesting, on that difficulty.

Oh, I was just snarking that the unlock conditions are pretty ass with the systems as they are now.

1 Like

Then just require 10 damnation clears (any mission) to unlock auric missions for the account.
And lvl 30 for accessing it with a character.

Possibly exclude low int.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.