Art and colorations of helmets/armor. Also, a question that was never addressed about cosmetics out of loot boxes

The helmets in this game do not reflect the armors well enough. The colors do not change to compliment or reflect the armor you are currently either. Some of them also use cloth masks/coverings instead of showing any hair(and elven hairstyles) for Kerillian, which would be nice to see and probably look a lot better than a mask covering her entire head. It may also be unintended that the cloth colors are wrong. After all, why change the colors from the video to look worse in game? See below examples of good and bad pairings:

From the front, it doesn’t look too shabby.

From behind, it looks kind of weird. The smooth bald look just doesn’t look or feel right. Hair or something else would improve it.(also, the color clearly doesn’t change to match the armors)

White cloth that remains white through all armors

Here is what the video showed:

Base armor/helm

The only helmet that matches the new blue armor. The blue is close enough to the armor that the different shade of blue isn’t that noticeable and doesn’t really take away from anything.

The blue remains blue through all armors.

This helmet’s cloth matches this armor. The cloth color will not change for any other armor.

Note how the cloth was different in the video(picture shown below). In fact, it seems to reflect the color of the armor she is wearing. This would suggest that the cloth is indeed supposed to change colors for her armors, but is currently not.

The helmet’s cloth color matches the base handmaiden armor.

Below is, as far as I know(please correct me, Fatshark, if I am wrong), the helmet that is supposed to be from the content update screen shown below this image. Notice how the cloth is a different color and the second jewel above the first is not present(or at the least, there is no shine to it). It could also be the lighting, but the steel in the content update picture looks much darker and looks significantly better than the one currently shown on my character.

In regards to the question about cosmetics:
@Fatshark_Hedge

6 Likes

I forgot to also add that the base armors don’t change the headgear color for even the base helmet on all careers, so you end up getting awkward color schemes like the one shown below:

It’s also a bit of a shame that there isn’t any change to the armor for the Okri challenges other than color scheme change. This isn’t necessarily that bad(Handmaiden’s looks good), but in the case of careers like Waystalker, the entire armor set is just turned black with the exception of the hood remaining green. Considering the effort to get the armor, one would expect something a bit more unique(it looks a little bland at the moment).

3 Likes

You’ll soon realize that FS developers can’t do their jobs properly, there is always something missing / not done correctly…

I totally agree with this posts, from the difference in colour from what it was shown in the videos to the actual game, to the fact that the basic hood of the waystalker doesn’t change to match the body skin (unlike shade or handmaiden).

It shouldn’t be so hard to make the colours from the different hatsof all Kerillian carreers match the skin , should it?

4 Likes

You would think. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this officially addressed though.

I fully share your disappointment, and I note that after 5 years the situation hasn’t changed at all. :face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s really annoying and frustrating to unlock cosmetic items and not be able to apply them because of the helmets.

Kruber has black or white armor but all have helmets with silver (metal color) or gold trim.

:neutral_face: we only ask for a few more colors

Not only the helmets/hats, but the shields too; would be neat if Grail Knight’s shield and helmet’s color and heraldry always matched the equipped outfit.

If possible, I recommend a future update to make the headpieces match the color scheme of the body outfits. At the very least do this for the non-premium cosmetics; since many of the outfits are just recolored variants of the same outfit.

Also, the Chaos Wastes white outfits have no matching headpieces, and many of them look uncharacteristically soiled or like dirty bedsheets, while some look clean cut and smooth (Waystalker vs. Witch Hunter Captain for example).

all hail the mightiest of necromancers :pray:

@karbak acknowledged it’s been 5 years. This topic is still relevant and it only has a few replies. Open thread = free to reply. It is good for maintaining long conversations and it should be encouraged rather than making new threads when we’re talking about something that hasn’t changed in years with like 7 replies. Popping in and calling “necroposting” for the memes and attention isn’t contributing meaningfully to the topic.

1 Like

We meme it but its in the guidelines really. Even if there is a reason like a person feeling like its relevant its honestly better to just make anew&refer to the post rather than risk people with no involvement in current times getting spammed to oblivion. Willfully doing that would be BM.

It wasn’t without reason and I seriously doubt anyone is getting “spammed to oblivion”; it’s good internet hygiene to simply unsub from websites you have no interest in receiving notifications from.

Why are old threads left open if not for new responses to old topics? It had been roughly 5 years since the last reply to the topic, and many of the non-premium cosmetics still lack matching color palates for the headpieces resulting in many of them never matching anything other than the original outfits. or some like having no matching headpiece at all.

This is a result of threads older than a forum update that introduced the ‘threads locked after 7 days with no posts’. Its just a quirk of the forum that people can post to ancient threads.

I happen to think its still fairly relevant although unlikely to ever be fixed.

I see, so in principle, not every open thread is supposed to be open.

Anyway, I don’t know for certain that this issue will not be fixed. Fatshark’s artists have amazing attention to detail, so it stands to reason that they did not intend for so many of the headpieces to only match certain outfits. I think it simply ranks low on their priority list. Waystalker Bloodshot is a good example; it took a long time, but it’s fixed. Some things might take a very long time if they aren’t pressing or if players aren’t making enough noise to make it a priority. As long as there’s still active support for the game, I think there’s a chance we may see a fix.

Also, I really hope they add a facial hair option for Grail Knight’s Leoncouer headpiece.