An Update on Darktide

To our community,

Today, we decided to delay the launch of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide to November 30th for
PC. Xbox Series X|S will launch shortly after PC, with a specific launch date to come.

Delaying a game is perhaps one of the most difficult decisions a developer faces and one we
are not excited about making. Still, we hope this speaks to our commitment to taking the time
necessary and doing whatever it takes to get you the best possible game.

While we have been humbled by the great feedback on the game so far, we also need more
time to improve stability, performance, and to mature key systems. Each is critical to making
sure we have the best possible experience for you, the players.

We also want to invite you on this journey.

Soon, we will start a series of technical tests and betas in advance of our launch, to ensure we
deliver the best version of the game. If you’d like to participate, you can sign up for a chance at
https://www.darktide.live/signup

Thank you for all the excitement and appreciation you have shown us thus far - it really does
mean the world to us.

Martin Wahlund
CEO & Co-Founder

13 Likes

A shame of course but more development and testing is always good ill sign up right away

Well, looks like my PC isnt good enough for the beta. Didnt know i would need an upgrade for a beta. So further waiting it is then. As if the game would release without problems anyway.

Take all the time you need. I’ll be waiting :grin:

So, the sign-up form assumes you only have one gaming rig and that you primarily use Windows? :slight_smile:

i’ve noticed alot of uncertainty because of the way darktide is based on servers, instead of player hosting.

its even more important in wich region you live, not only do you need people to play with but you also need to be reasonably close to any server, so @Fatshark_Hedge could you make a statement on what areas of the globe will and perhaps won’t be covered?

1 Like

Hey at least you are talking to us, even if its sad news. Hopes for Beta access…

@Fatshark_Hedge i am ready to test i hope there is a South east asia server :crossed_fingers:

The signup form has an option for region and lists these

What region do you intend to play tests from?

EU West (inc. Nordic)
EU East
NA East
NA West
South America
South Asia
Southeast Asia
Oceanic

Don’t know if these correlate to server locations

1 Like

Quick question: In the follow-up questionnaire, I provided a link to my Steam Profile when prompted. However, I’ve kept my profile as Private for some time (avoiding harassment / stalking) and would prefer that it remain so. Is this going to jeopardize my chances for beta access?

I think it says to pick a primary set up for submitting test information. As for OS on PC, we only officially support windows yep.

Nope this is fine!

question both for the beta and the game afterward, could someone playing on steam play with someone playing on the microsoft game store?

We havent yet announced crossplay as a confirmed feature. We want it and are working on it but until its announced dont expect it.

1 Like

damn, even PC to PC? that would make pre ordering the game kind of punishing, you pay more than those having the gamepass and can’t play with the biggest player base…

Well, as long as Darktide has the same official support as Vermintide 2 I’m happy :slight_smile:

Ok, gotta ask:
The link here is supposedly direct signup, but then I get a warning page from steam that I’m leaving steam towards a third party site. That’s kind of convoluted, no? ^^

I copied the link from our Steam announcement, and it inherited the link referral, fixed now!

now that we have our close beta invitation mail, will we be able to preload the beta build?

1 Like