An open letter to Fatshark

You seem so unsatisfied that FS didn’t live up to your expectations…
Why do you get so upset by it and even wish ill fortune to others? And how could that help in this situation?
Hate has never helped in any situation, ever.
In the end it’s just a game developer, not Hitler.
Either you try to help if you want to fulfill it’s potential, or you look for something else.
If you’re stuck inbetween without choosing one, that’s not their problem, that’s yours. Just enjoy the game for the parts you like, not hate it for the parts you don’t.

Moving on is an important part of life, or so it’s said.

6 Likes

Tell you about it as in provide constructive criticism? Or tell you about it as in wish that the remainder of your life was void of successful relationships? Just calm down and move on with your life if the game isn’t for you.

1 Like

That’s some extreme level of butthurt. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You are being very childish.

2 Likes

Nah you’re just a PoS taking out your anger in the most juvenile way possible. If you don’t understand why what you said is entirely not on, please go spend some time in the real world away from video games and hopefully you’ll work out how insanely disproportionate your reaction is.

Or just £#¢& off, that’s good too.

1 Like

They weren’t insolvent with their previous business model. They had people like you complaining their asses off every time a new map pack came out that future development on the game should be free and accessible to everyone. So they decided after getting the same response to every map pack for 4 years through 2 different games to go a different direction. But of course because the video game community has decided that developers shouldn’t be allowed to make money, they get winging about this business model too.

2 Likes

Fatshark made a number of flawed decisions and the fanbase can either dwindle as people give up on the game / company or hope that their is some actual improvements when it comes to quality and how the business side of things operate as that can impact development.

Outright hating on someone for their mistakes is a bit much.

5 Likes

Words are worthless (you should remember this well for the real life) especially if they come from a collective that repeatedly failed do deliver upon what they said.

@Flibbertigibbet2 basically explained to you why these micro-transactions are a rabbit hole.
By getting money from a certain group caring about cosmetics a business is likely to cater to this group instead of the actual game. This can go from stagnation right to exploitation. It all depends on the one calling the shots. Since were already hard into stagnation when you compare FS performance ever since V2 launch to what they where able to before, well…

Oh in that case i should probably wish for you and your family’s deaths too when you make a product or mishap i disagree with?
Seriously having some empathy is required even if you totally disagree with everything what fatshark has done since V2 release.
In the end its just a game, you can totally go play something else if the game causes you such a emotional stress.

3 Likes

Well, then we can close down the forum. Because all we are doing here is throwing around words which are apparently worthless. Why bother writing anything then? Also, the only thing FS promised and failed to deliver is the Dedicated Server support. You are free to give more examples of things they actually promised but failed to deliver. For argument’s sake we can integrate the slow working speed and the unnecessary amount of bugs. But the latter one, they are working on constantly.

If you mean the opening post of Flibbertigibbet2, then I hope you realize that half of his premise doesn’t hold up to the actual reality. If you mean some post inbetween then some kind of hint would be nice.

1. His first argument is that a huge chunk of the core gameplay loop is built around acquiring different skins and weapons for the character. This is debatable at best. The weapons i may agree as they influence gameplay. The skins however are a tacked-on thingy. Even if we consider them “core” gameplay the Skins acquired by gameplay like the 100 game hats or the Legend Skins are not part of Lohner’s Emporium. And I would be surprised if the challenge-bound skins would ever become part of LE. As for the remaining skins, the gameplay loop is still needed to acquire the skins. You just have a more consistent way, other than waiting for luck.

2. Second point is that the game wasn’t sold as this. Well, that is correct. There is nothing more to say about it.

3. Third argument is that the time could be used better followed by bashing the Weaves. Aside from the start-up point (the programming of LE), there will be no development time lost. LE will mostly be work for the designers which have downtimes anyway which they can now use to produce value. So that point can be ignored. Also Weaves are actually interesting and fun to play. They suffer from their presentation, nothing more.

4. He then follows up that a soft currency to hide cost of in-game items is deceptive. That argument makes only sense if you could buy Shillings with money which is not the case. The DLC items and in-game items are clearly separated from each other. The cost of all purchasable items is clearly depicted and leave no room for mistakes.

5. Next comes up some Claim about the game becoming competitive. This may be if Versus comes as mode to the base game, less if it is standalone. We need confirmation on that point. If he means Weaves then we can ignore that point. Weaves are the mode which need the most cooperation and coordination in the whole game and dont suffer from end of game statistics (aka green circles hunting). So if that is his point and he is part of the “RAWR, leaderboards crowd” because he magically confuses some tacked on digital wood piece with a core-design element then I can’t help him much either.

6. An interesting part is further below where he speaks about a more ethical way of implementing this by selling skins which is exactly what FS is doing. Only that he wants to have more for the same price (but then it is not about being ethical). Okay, there is also an argument to add them as rewards for challenges. The last point would not sit well with the community. This has been a problem with Bögenhafen before and also Vermintide 1. People pay for These things and then they are still tied down to luck. We have people in Vermintide 1 who bought the DLCs and NEVER got the mentioned weapons. There should be a surefire way to get them, which we have now for Vermintide 2.

We have now different ways to acquire different cosmetics which are all clearly depicted. There is one small crossover for the Hats inside the Commendation Chests that is all. It is not that he didn’t explain his points. It is just that they don’t hold up to reality.

Also that last point about stagnation in comparison to before (Vermintide 1?) is very interesting considering that we got a lot more content for Vermintide 2 than for Vermintide 1. Unless you belong to the crowd which reduce content to new Maps only.

2 Likes

Well this forum is mostly for me and you. Bugs are being rereported here since launch and pretty much nothing discussed here has any real impact on the devs.

About words being worthless, a bit poorly worded of me: They do carry meaning but are not a good way of determining what somebody or especially a collective is actually going to do (but actions are).

I pointed out exactly what I meant. I didn’t leave a +1 comment.

If FS was to actually rely mostly on cosmetic income from now on:
It would be sensible for finances to cater them regardless of anything said. Sure most people buying these also want the game to be good and might judge based on that as well. It’s just that shelling out cosmetics has at least in every other game proven to be way more lucrative than any other focus.

I completely understand that you trust FS but this business decision has slowly eroded so many developers over the last decade that it would be foolish to think anybody can resist it.

1 Like

There is no executive reason to actively fix bugs or improve balance, let alone add new gameplay elements and mechanics if ALL income comes from cosmetics and corporate investments made based on those cosmetics

1 Like

That’s a bit much. They’ve made a decision I disagree with, they haven’t physically assaulted me.