AMD performances

Motherboard : GIGABYTE B660 Gaming X DDR4
CPU : I5 13600KF 14 cores (6p + 8E ) 20 threads
RAM : Crucial Ballistix 32Go DDR4 3200MHz
GPU : XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX

Highest AMD GPU product serie, getting really poor performances on high level content with drops from 120 fps ( fixed cap ) to 80~ fps during high density of effects, i went using FSR 2.0 first on quality with minimal changes to “balanced” for a slight improvements.
Having graphics settings turned off/low/medium doesn’t seems to improve drastically.

This is really frustrating knowing some could go EVEN ray tracing without the same issues on NVIDIA ( not saying it run faultless unless you owning 4090 )
Game is a year old i’d like to give a bit of visibility for AMD players, please share you feedback

Reminder : my experience is from the highest content available there lots of effects here, i doubt the issue would be the same on lower difficulties in case of you having “no issues at all”

Improvement waiting room.

1 Like

Yeah I’m having a 7900XT and a 5800X, not as powerful as your setup, but powerful enough to run most titles in highest settings easily.

Darktide is just really poorly optimized for AMD.
I even downloaded mods to further decrease the graphic settings to get a more or less stable framecount.

What frames are you getting (top, botom avg?)

Actually it does NOT run flawless even on 4090. What is your resolution? RT is not worth it in Darktide, its hardly noticable, the only thing you notice is worse performance.

i’d say it’s worth it on low because the framerate loss is very minimal and it does make the game look a bit prettier.

I’ve upgraded my rig like 4month ago mainly just MB+ram new nvme ssd and a ryzen 7800x3d, before that i had an i7-7700k and the game very rarely crashed or had any other problems ( framerate was lower because worse cpu). since i’ve upgraded to an AMD cpu i literally had to flash my bios to fix an issue where i would get random crashes that happened randomly but always in a span of 1-10minutes. The support said it’s the GPU’s fault lol. my friend whos running amd only hardware also got weird system latency problems in this game that forces him to restart the game after every 3-4th match.

Capped at 120fps, avg 90fps~
res at 1440p

Same issues.

The game runs stable at 60 FPS but sometimes they drop to 10 for a second making it seem like the game has slowed down.

But it’s not just the FPS that slow down, the whole game does, and when that happens even the inputs get lost.
Many times I’ve had my character stuck in a transitory animation because the LMB click got lost.

Darktide is just really poorly optimized, period.

I’m running a 7800X3D and a 4080. I’m playing at 1080p. My texture quality mesh/lod distance are max, every other setting is minimum or disabled. In actual gameplay, my frame rate is like 150fps, which is abysmal for the visual quality the game is putting out. Other games that I play which look way better can push 400+ at 1080p.

1 Like

I was going to upgrade to the same CPU, and likely 7900XT. Good to know

1 Like

I upgraded my CPU from a 5600x to the 7800X3D and the GPU from a 3080 to a 4080.

The CPU upgrade substantially increased minimum framerates more than the GPU upgrade. I do recommend the 7800X3D for Darktide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.