Allow Host-Kick

Please allow Host kick in Darktide, VT2 has guards to prevent people from being kicked right before end, but if i want to invite a friend into the party that i started i should be able to remove a random player and add my friend without having to get the 3 votes required, especially since you don’t allow us to make private games.

There’s no “host” in Darktide, it’s not p2p anymore. There’s no “party leader” anymore, it’s all hosted on Fatshark’s server.

I do agree a vote-kick option should be added.

1 Like

Vote-kick is an option, it requires 3 votes to kick someone off the strike team. Hit Esc < Social < insert player name here < Kick.

What I mean by “host” is just whoever is the person to start the strike team. If you’re the first person in the strike team, meaning you’re the one starting up the round, you should have host privileges and have some time before game to invite who you want to invite, instead of just randomly getting assigned people in lobby. Yeah I get you can add people to your party and then group up, but as there’s no real reliable way to see each other’s gear (and cosmetics) outside of just finding each other in the hub i just wish it was an option.

1 Like

That person didn’t start the strike team. Everyone queued in the same way. There are no hosts and as such, no one should have special privileges.

if they did this what woud stop you geting a low lvl freind to join right at the end just to get the EXP and have not done any of the work ? so power lvl that freind ?

I mentioned this briefly in my initial post but like in Vermintide 2 there’s safeguards against this, where after a certain portion of the mission has been completed you can’t be kicked from the party (ie. if the boss has been killed you can’t be kicked, if all the grimoires have been picked up you can’t be kicked, etc.)

woups did not see that bit
MY BAD

I play a lot with friends. It’s pretty much the only thing I play. It is very common for me to start a game and wait. What we used to do is private matches, but they are coming as far as I understand.

With that said. I would never even consider kicking anyone unless it was at the very start of the mission in which case I would ask the person if he minded leaving, and if not I would just leave myself. At the start of a mission this is fine. If the mission has actually started I will just finish the match. It’s only a few minutes. Nothnig that I can get worked up about personaly.