Allow hight change at barber

Hight directly affects gameplay. Making higher character allows shooting over enemy heads and disallows use of low cover. Smaller character, well, has a smaller hitbox which gives more protection from enemy fire in any situation, though hinders picking targets from the crowd.

Tell you more: It directly affects melee combat. Higher char’s sweeping attacks are at the straight angle with enemy mob head level, rather than torso. Smaller char, though, tougher to shoot through the crowd for the shotgunners.

I dont’t want to create a new char just to fit in cover or otherwise.
The other solution may be saving class progress on account like Vermintide does it.

There is nothing to even argue against freedom of customization overall. I want to change my name and voice, say, I’ve grown to dislike my rude psyker, what do I do? Reset all my progression? Exactly.

9 Likes

certainly it allows for, easier use of cover,
but i don’t think DT’s enemies have a system in place that allows them to hit based of surface area.
would be nice to know tho.

Well, shotgunners shoot 4-is pellets, the more pellets hit you - the more damage you will take. I may be wrong, but from my experience it seems to work that way.
Also when I dodge a shooter they seem to loose tracking like bruisers do, hitting only when hitbox has not moved far enough. Again, that’s how it seems to me, no concrete proof yet.

Ok, no, bullets just phase through my ogryn.

We need to be able to change everything:

• voices
  • height

There’s only one thing that can identify us with certainty, this is our Steam account name (and there’s a mod to display these names).

Also, I really would like that they give us:

• more faces (I would even say face + age system to artificially make them older)
  • more hair cuts (seriously we need a lot of hair cuts, not these poor number of choices)
4 Likes

always thought enemies just hitscan us and the visual beams and projectiles are just for show, and that they miss because an dodge action forces them to.

it would be good to know for sure, who would test that

I tested, they actually shoot. You can be hit by fire shot at your teammate. EMPEROR bless modders.

Bump, this is one of my biggest personal gripes with the game.

1 Like

This. They have auto aimbot. Dodge and in some parts sprinting just kinda interrupts the dmg appliance. Even the flamers work that way. They just aimbot slower.
Enemy shooters have no sway, recoil or missed shots on players that stand still.

That’s not true. Scab Shooters at 15m miss around 25% of their shots. At longer ranges even more than 50%.

yeah but missing is no indicator for actually physical calculated projectiles

Enemies hitscan but they have a cone of fire. If you’re partially in cover then you’re partially protected (if that’s what you were asking in your first post).

edit: if you were talking about the player hitbox, no idea if it really depends on player size.

Honestly I disagree with this, I would prefer some of the systems around cover etc. be changed because I don’t want everyone to be running around at the smallest possible height.

I am fine with character height affecting what cover I can use and at what height my camera sits, because now you are making a trade-off for potentially better angles for swinging and more options for cover.

The issue is there is no way atm to seamlessly play around with different heights to see which height allows for using which cover and which camera height one prefers the most for melee engagements.

Both imo are valid reasons - in the spirit of experimentation - for this to be a feature, that should be implemented.

1 Like

I think this also explains some important mechanics.

I think dodges either work or don’t but sprints and slides have some adjustments.

Tbh I would not change my height on my zealot… and I have chosen to be tall.

I wouldn’t.

Being able to see above a wave and being able to watch whats coming is already a huge advantage. Being able to scythe through mobs at head hight the cherry on top.

Being tall in DT is a massive advantage.