All staves should have unique primary fires

The current little void bolt should probably only be on the void staff…

9 Likes

Was pretty disappointed that they didn’t

I imagine that was the original idea, same as weapon customization and proper crafting.
then the live service nation attacked…

Dont expect to see that, at least until the next year or year after that.

2 Likes

Or ever now that i think about it.
Fatshark and expectations do not get along very well.

1 Like

You can be sure that will be another shitstorm if they decide to change primary fires.

1 Like

I would much rather they put effort into improving the special attacks, because at the moment they are the worst. Just throwing out the first ideas that come to mind. Purgatus could be an aoe soulblaze burst. Surge could give you an electric shield that damaged and stunned the next thing to hit you. Trauma could be an earthshaking aoe stun. Void could be a big aoe knockback maybe with some falling off damage. It would be important for them all to give you a huge amount of peril to prevent just spamming them and mean they could add something actually “special” to the kit.

3 Likes

Definitely agree here. Saw a suggestion about the Trauma staff having a shotgun-esque blast as its primary and really wanted it to come true. If nothing else, introducing new marks with different primary fires would be extremely appreciated. At least then Psyker’s ranged weapons pool would be diluted with more staves rather than all those guns most players ignore.

On top of this, there’s also the inherent issue that only the Purgatus’s primary fire feels any good to use. The other default blast is fine suppression and damage wise for being resourceless, but there’s this absolutely AWFUL delay on it coming out that stacks along with the travel time to make it extremely unwieldy. You can get sort of used to it but it’s never going to feel natural because there’s so many layers of delay built in.

Making the special attacks something remotely useful would be nice but I feel like the primary fire issue is more important to the core usability of the staves as weapons than something that you can currently just ignore exists.

1 Like

My vote is that they eventually add different marks for some of the staffs and give them new primary attacks. For example
you could have a void strike that has something similar to the Coruscation Staff in VT2 and have primary attacks fire off a volley of shotgun-like bolts
Or a surge staff that shoots off rapid fire lower damage bolts like the VT2 bolt staff.

The different marks system could allow for a a crazy number of possible combinations. They could honestly do the same thing for optics and attachments. Rather than making a system for changing them just add more marks with different sights/attachments.

2 Likes

Holy cats man, that idea is amazing.

1 Like