AI have no footsteps, sometimes they don't make any sound at all

Issue Description:
There is a glaring issue in this game that your strike team mates feel like they have zero observation. Frequently running past you/enemies and off to certain death.

I think there is a big issue with the audio in this game. There are ALOT of ambient noises that do sound great. But when it comes to the AI, they barely make any noise.

The AI NEED:

• footstep noises
  • attacking noises

And you as a player need a noise when you get hit. Not just a noise for your toughness breaking. You need a noise for each time you get it. A noise for when your toughness takes damage and a different noise for when you take health damage. These are currently missing.

Steps to Reproduce:
Play the game.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
All

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
N/A

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
N/A

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

6 Likes

Yea, you really notice this after a while. Dogs, flamethrowers, mutants, bursters… All the enemies with good audio cues I can identify, and face in time. But the raw amount of times I suddenly get hit in the back, turn around and there is a horde of 30 enemies there is kind of crazy. Some enemies just don’t make enough noise, or their noise isn’t distinct enough.

3 Likes

Here is a thought: If enemies are about to burst through a door, just give that door a loud metallic unlocking sound that plays for about a second before they charge in. That alone would eliminate an endless number of situations where you feel like enemies just teleported behind you.

2 Likes

We need more audio than just ambient sounds and AI screams. When you notice those are the only 2 things, it starts to make the world feel very empty