Additional Update on Secrets of the Machine God

I’ll be interested to see whether this is just another platitude or if it’s actually sincere. If it’s the latter, then sign me up. I’d be thrilled to see and hopefully participate in some constructive discussions, but, as politely as I can make it, I’m inclined to believe it’s the former, because this isn’t happening in a vacuum… And we’ve also had 7 months of nigh on total silence, and a level of output that has been, frankly, contemptible. Not to mention everything that preceded it.

I’m sincerely hoping you’ll prove me wrong and that I was being unduly guarded, so I guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

Psyker is my spirit animal, all those pre-mature blow-outs.

2 Likes

Edit:
Right, I’ve karked up - wrong topic.
Have a meme:

3 Likes

Ogryn starts huffin and puffin that dust :grin:

1 Like

None of the changes for the blessings that involve close range mean anything until the range is fixed from 8m back to 15m or they finally admit it was an intended change and they can then get ‘feedback’ for it.

1 Like

It is a refreshing and very welcome change of pace, thanks!
I really liked that you’re posting more often and I want to give some feedback by seconding this:

We love Darktide and we want Fatshark to be a successful company so you’d give us more of that game. We ask for the lock removal not because we’re entitled spoiled children but because it will make the game more enjoyable INSTANTLY by removing the main source of frustration out of it.

Just do it.

2 Likes

Sorry but what is the source for breaking the locks? I saw a screenshot but I want to BELIEVE

Edit: here it is:

Thanks for the responses :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Source is Strawhat.

2 Likes

Removing locks is part of the itemization and crafting update, unfortunately they didn’t remove them yet

1 Like

Really happy to see some positive communication in the forums

3 Likes

A step in the right direction. Communicate more clearly and you’ll see less disgruntled feedback. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Okay, so feedback atm:

I like the idea of giving utility blessings a bit more damage in the things they’re supposed to be good at. It removes the allure of generic +Power type blessings and makes the ‘meta’ a bit more dynamic if done right.

I also like that it seems that several of the new weapon blessings are more along the lines of stuff like Adhesive Charge. Really like this.

I really hope for a lot of reworking for blessings in general to make them all like that, but that’s a major balance project. Might hope for it on itemization update.

6 Likes

+1 to all that.

I’m also very happy that Man Stopper, Flechette, Focused Channelling, etc. are no longer T2 only. Much needed fix!

EDIT: Wrong of me! I tricked myself with the Loadout Config mod (using it to test the new weapons), which shows tiers of Flechette/Man Stopper/Focused Channelling, etc. For example, Flechette is shown as 3 stacks at T1 and 6 at T4.

My bad!

I don’t know if this has implications for how blessings will work in the future (it sure would be a fix) or if the mod was always that way.

1 Like

Real miss that FS didn’t include the crafting system with the new wepons.
Now I got reminded that I had to interact with the slot-machine again I got PTSD and my game crashed because spam buying :frowning:

3 Likes

You want my feedback?

Double-nerfing the Zealot (impact+rending) makes me very unhappy. I enjoyed both of those things as they were.

So whoever made those nerf decisions, you just made people hate you even more than they did before. Congratulation *******.

2 Likes

@FatsharkStrawHat Before I response to the part about feedback and thoughts… I want to first say I appreciate FS’s desire to keep the communications. This is something that has been lacking in a few games recently (some of which I was a beta tester for)

That out of the way… I know I haven’t been the best at explaining my thoughts but I would like to try for the purpose of responding to this. I understand that feedback is critical for game development

I think it is great that FS continues to keep the game rather than abandoning it… Another thing I am starting to see a lot of. The but comes in with the game design though. Yes FS keeps adding to it but I don’t think it is going in the direction that it should

If you were to compare Darktide to Vermintide 2, you would see exactly what I am talking about. Kruber had a tank specialty, a cleave specialty, so on and so on. None of the class designs make sense in Darktide. They have a little of everything but are never focused on one thing or another

Great example is the Veteran. Yes it has passives for melee but it has one of the slowest stamina regeneration delays, and it is overall much more difficult to make melee work when compared to say Zealot. And on the same token, Zealot is difficult to make ranged work when compared to Veteran

The point I am trying to make here is on an efficiency or design level… That it doesn’t make sense to add new weapons until you can add specialties to the game. Some examples I gave in past posts for Veteran were Brawler (pistol/shotgun and melee specialty), Marksman (Hot Shot Las), and Anti Tank (Plasma and Krak grenades)

In this example it makes sense because a Hot Shot Las would penetrate carapace armor… and it lines up with the Las focus passives already in the game. Hopefully I made sense and contributed

1 Like

I’d personally just prefer blessings that really alter weapons in more interesting ways than just “more damage, more reload speed”.
Why not do just something like explosive shots, your weapon deals less direct damage but now has explosion around it. Psykers lightning now forks but deals less damage to elites. Bolter deals no explosion damage but instead gains massive AP and penetration.
Make the blessings actually really altering and even maybe specialized instead of generic stats and we are talking

Like what did these blessing changes in this patch really add? Run and gun 2% more damage? Sunder Damage, Adhesive charge damage and rest of them basically follow the formula of stat adjustment instead of making them more interesting.
Like adhesive charge was already unique enough without giving it other damage multiplier.

I just can’t get excited over 2% more damage on run and gun when i probably will still never pick it over other options. Make it so my staffs can cast secondary while sprinting and maybe we talking.
For conventional weapons like revolver its just not competing with damage and sprinting.

2 Likes

DRG a shining example again, overclocks completly changeing weapons

1 Like

Yeah although if you want to criticise darling DRG, look no further than the slow acquisition of matrix core and random overclock selection process.

1 Like

i had no problem with cores, more so with opportunities to spend em, but it feels way more consistent now

tho overclocks are handed out as RNG which sucks, I don’t think it is as bad as DTs blessings most overclocks while not meta at least do something fun you can spend time with until you find another and repeat.
where blessings are just make or break and the tiers are just to bloat

1 Like