Add Icon (in Addition to the sound you hear before an enemy hits you in the back)

More consistent way to notify a player of impending damage to their rear.

2 Likes

Oh, that would also be a marvelous way to make Heroic Intervention actually work.

If they add the Icon, then Heroic Intervention can be applied on another hero staggering/killing the unit that was going to attack.

Granted that’s how one would think the trait is supposed to work anyway, but it seemingly now only works when un-hooking someone from a disabler.

1 Like

So disappointing, especially when it worked so well in vermintide 1! Hearing the ding for protecting an ally and seeing it in chat was satisfying and helped to promote good team play.

1 Like

how bout a visual effect?

2 Likes

I would like something like this as well, mostly as a help for those who are hard of hearing. I’ve suggested, based on some links a community hero passed to me on the subject of accessibility, like a screen edge glow or visual stimulus that could be opted into.

The next patch has some fixes to the backstab sounds that we hope improve reliability of those. Hopefully we can get it out to test for you tomorrow to try over the weekend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome!

Slighly on-topic, how is heroic intervention supposed to work? If I read the right parts then it does read as if killing an enemy that is actively attacking an ally from a 180deg angle behind was the intention, but I haven’t seen it working (though only tried briefly by purposefully getting bots to bad spots and then killing enemies who were behind).

I think the game counts revives, saves and assists and one od these was linkes to the same logic if I remember and understood it right.

It would be a good way to gain thp if it worked, especially when playing with bots.

1 Like

QoL like this should be core to the design process, it leads for a better experience overall as well as solid and meaningful inclusivity for a growing user base.

2 Likes

Hi only procs when you remove a disabler off an ally with a melee attack.

1 Like

Which was actually a core feature of a certain game we won’t name. That and friendly damage too. Oh well…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.