Add ability to upgrade locked blessing/property

I think it would be fair if after one of the blessings/properties are locked, bcuz we rerolled another one, we should be able to update both weapon blessings/properties.
E.G. if i have a dagger with locked lacerations lv.2 i should be able to upgrade it to lacerations 3 and then 4 if i have it unlocked and the resources.
Same should apply to properties, if i have weapon with locked 4% crit chance then i should be able to upgrade it to 5% chance by paying X amount of resources or something.

What do u think guys?

4 Likes

I agree.

I already kinda accepted the perk/blessings locks after playing around with it for a bit (still not perfect and still annoying tho), but I defo wouldn’t mind if we could at the very least upgrade the locked ones with higher tier versions.

Wouldn’t even mind paying the cost akin to Re-Bless (dockets + mats).

That lil change will just decrease amount of rng, bcuz u will be looking for just perk type to lock knowing that you can upgrade it later :slight_smile:

Gonna hard necro this because I just had this thought tonight. At this point, I don’t suspect the locks will ever be removed. As anti-fun as it is and how horrendously it prevents me from experimenting in general, I would at least enjoy this compromise.

I would love to just upgrade the tier of something I can no longer change, that way something I almost rolled perfectly doesn’t get “bricked” by a tier 3 blessing or perk (or worse, tier 1 or 2).

I don’t like dealing with absolutes because it’s not fun design for any game, but I’m 600 hours into Darktide and I play across all 4 operatives depending on my mood. I can probably count on one hand with 2 missing fingers how many “perfectly rolled” weapons I have across all 4 operatives.

And don’t even get me started on curios…