First off, i really like the Longbow. It is the ranged weapon i have the most fun with.
But i think it could get a little bit improved without making it to strong.
The Problems i have:
- If you use the charged attack (right mouse button) it is very inaccurate, even with the 25% less weapon spread abillity. I understand why they did it like that. A longbow has a very high draw weight and requires much strength so you might start shaking while you’re aiming. The animation even shows that. But it is extremely annoying that you can’t rely the arrow to fly to the target position.
- If you use the charged attack you don’t have to completely charge the bow to get the maximum damage.
I always thought that the light attack with bows doesn’t deal as much damage as the heavy attack because the character doesn’t fully charge its bow. That would make completely sense. But this doesn’t applie to Kruber with his longbow.
How to improve in my opinion:
- When using the Heavy attack you should have to wait till the bow is fully charged to get the maximum ammount of damage. As soon as the bow is fully charged, you go in the zoom mode. For the first one or two seconds in the zoom mode, you should have a very high accuracy. After these one or two seconds your accuracy should rapidly decrease. This would simulate that Kruber gets exhausted and starts shaking. It is already done similar in games like mount and blade.
How would this improve the gameplay:
- These changes would mean that the player wouldn’t have to need luck to get the arrow flying where he is pointing it.
- It still needs much skill to use the longbow because you only have a short time to target the enemy.
- Very skilled player could better use Krubers passive.
- The bow still wouldn’t be op because of the long charging time.
- Shooting would feel more realistic.
- I would be even more different than bow shooting with kerrilian.
Please share your opinions about this.