A serious problem about front sight and aiming

After using some guns with low stability, I found out that the shaking of ADS front sight is relative to screen instead of shaking the whole view point.
Meanwhile, the front sight is always not centered.
I don’t know if it is intended, but it made my aiming experience very very very terrible.
For the most FPS players, I believe that we’re used to put a target at the center of screen.
However the way that the front sight shakes ruins the aiming intuition.
The features make my aiming experience suck.
I even think that the shaking will make experienced FPS players lost their aiming skill.
I do know the stability is kind of balancing elements, but the way it performs is not good. I really hope the shake mechanism can be changed.
Thanks if devs can hear it or try to discuss it.

5 Likes

Noticed this issue most with the bolter. The aiming is just off after the first shot and theres some funky stuff going on

1 Like

The bolter obviously has the problem.
All other guns also work like this, but not that serious.
It feels really weird that my view angle is not changed but I need to use my “side” to aim.
It’s kind of like old FPS games around 2000.

1 Like

I very much notice this on any gun except maybe the revolver when I go out of my way to aim as a Vet but i feel it less if I play on reflex and dont aim.

1 Like

bolter has a visual recoil bug on top of the POORLY DESIGNED ADS/SWAY SYSTEM.

1 Like

bolter is indeed op, but I really can’t accept the ADS will make the sight not centered.
The shake can be even more big, but not out of the center of screens.

definitely agree, aiming with many weapons feels very strange rn. It makes the shotgun actually one of the better sniping weapons because it just gets the headshot kill by aiming in the general area of a head.

1 Like

It’s because the weapon sway is tied to your camera when your view isn’t stationary. So it ends up feeling like the mouse sensitivity is changing and dragging your aim in directions you didn’t push your mouse, similar to a smoothing effect with both acceleration and deceleration.

It makes muscle memory completely useless and forces you to fight the mouse mechanics instead of the enemy.

1 Like