A quick question for the devteam~

So, i was idling in the morning star watching things (don’t ask why) and hallowette mentioned she’s using auspex-stealthed shuttles to circumvent a blockade. Now, the odds we’re going to get in-game details on the rough trader’s shipping troubles is virtually nil so it seemed like the best thing to do was hop on the forums and hope the CMs kick my question into the writer’s gulag and hope they want to give us the details. Who could possibly be blockading the morningstar from acquiring supplies?

It can’t be the 6th can it, they only control a small slice of the hive itself and not any space defenses, not to mention their helplessness at preventing strike drops outside of rudimentary point defense batteries. Is atoma’s planetary governor on bad terms with the rouge trader? Is hallowette avoiding taxation by atoma or proper inspection of contraband? Does gerndyl’s inquisitorial actions somehow opposed by parts of the nobility who try to strangel our supply chain as punishment? Please, share the story there!

(Also, tell the devs that they should probably depreciate the conversation where morrow introduces melk as one of the mission overseers. he’s not able to do that yet so it’s kind of confusing, i figure you uploaded it and forgot to flag it as out of the convo options list for now)

Really? I was under the impression the Moebian 6th had the entirety of Tertium under lockdown and the stages we play are just a small section of the wider campaign to take back Atoma.

My interpretation of it is that there isn’t really a “blockade” so much as there is the Imperium military presence trying to stop Hallowette and her crew from getting questionably legal loot in via unscrupulous methods. We’ve obviously got enough resources flowing in to support a hive-sized military campaign, if the Ogryn’s love of rashuns says anything.

We overhear a few other vox conversations about Hadron messing with Hallowette’s stuff and Morrow destroying some contraband that she “legally” acquired, so I’d just guess that everyone’s just making it difficult for her to profit - remember that the Shipmistress doesn’t take too kindly to the Inquisitor taking over her operation either, considering how Rogue Traders routinely conduct trade with xenos in the name of profit and the Inquisition historically isn’t entirely a fan of xenos.

1 Like

the scab forces have taken over one of the slices of tertium, we enter the missions on several maps from the one remaining links to it they haven’t blown away to keep them from making more train-based attacks. the missions in darktide are in the rear lines of the traitor forces though, their main force is fighting outside of the hive proper and trying to take an overland route to another part of the hive, being stopped by the planetary defense force currently. We know that much, they tell us this stuff during the missions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.