A passive-aggressive reminder that Dwarfs eat Trolls

Oh, I thought you meant Snorri Whitebeard, the first High King of the Dwarfs. That’s why I got confused, because I didn’t recall him hating the Elves, because it seems it’s an entirely different person you are referring to.

But this doesn’t mean that Dwarfs, as a whole, wanted to exterminate the Elves prior to the war, just because Snorri 2nd did. Judging by these quotes, Snorri met quite the opposition in his decision from other Dwarfs.

Are you sure it wasn’t Snorri 1st that the book was trying to portray as a hero, then? Just because Snorri 2nd felt he was doing the right thing, I doubt the book, as a whole, was trying to portray it as the right thing, especially considering these quotes, which make him out to be a genocidal warmongerer.

Genocide in warhammer? You mean a normal Tuesday?

5 Likes

When we were cracking cold ones with the bois, they were cracking elf skulls with the throng.

2 Likes

Those two characters talking against his ideas were about the only ones doing it, besides Gotrek Starbreaker, his father. Starbreaker even had to fight off literal challenges to his kingship for his “peace-mongering” way.

And yes, Snorri Halfhand is treated as a “tragic hero” by the story, he gets a super brave and dramatic death and everything, lol. And Morgrim, who is against the war, has his “awakening” moment by the end and comes to hate the Elves just as much - it’s the climactic finale of the book.

Snorri literally never has another viewpoint, and would have gone to war 10 years prior if the Valayan priestess character hadn’t shamed him out of it - and he did so in direct violation of his father, the high king’s, express order.

3 Likes

HAHAHAahahahahaha I love it. Even despite my love for elven culture and values, the elves themselves are pansies and whiners of the highest accord. However, their lore is super in-depth and my favorite part is Malekith and his descent into madness. He is the most badass, powerful, epic, world-changing force IMO. I absolutely love his story as the super loyal, ever protective servant of the throne. An absolute unit, if you will.

Yeah, you make a good point that there’s not a ton of reaction, but I think what a few folks (myself included) were getting at is that we are creatures of weird eating habits. Therein, I’m not really surprised to hear that someone has chowed down on something I find weird.

At least in the Warhammer universe, I’d imagine it’s not uncommon for other races to eat all sorts of weird stuff, humanoids being dinner included. I think of the people who should’ve reacted, Kerillian of all people should’ve had an absolute fit, so I agree with you. I don’t think anyone else in the party would have even a second thought about it, though.

They’re not too shabby… not that they’re my first choice of meal :wink:

1 Like

You know, maybe Trolls are just so tasty that everyone eats them?

2 Likes

@LordRhinark when you say something about lore I know it’s accurate :+1:

Though I’m in the Midwest and I still think it’s weird to eat balls xD

1 Like

In germany we eat “Mett” which more or less is nothing else then raw ground beef.
So everyone else first reaction would be to become sick:
“They eat raw grounded meat from pigs?!”

As far as I know no one else bats an eye about that.

@BizarreSalp

Highly doubt it. It’s not condoned in the Empire, and Elves would most likely not get anywhere near a Troll without good reason, much less actually eat one.

I agree that it would be hilariously ironic that the race that eats everything else is in of itself the tastiest, but I’m not really sold on that idea.

@Ricordis

Pig is pig - cooked or otherwise.

I would assume the reason “no one bats an eye about that” is just a general lack of interest in German cuisine.

I mean, I didn’t know about this until you just told me about it.

Who’s the “everyone else” you’re referring to, if no one is even aware of it?

1 Like

It started a year ago when I saw a funny pic with a nutella glass but instead it was filled with ‘Mett’ and it said ‘Mettella, that’s my breakfast.’

I posted that one and suddenly all the american users lost their mind. Until then I wasn’t even aware someone could have a problem with that.

1 Like

Now that’s just funny because they are reacting like that, but on the other hand they have no problem with all of their “rare” stakes and burgers.
To be honest, I’ve tried raw ground meet, but it just doesn’t have the right flavor to me. I guess that after a life time of eating cooked and seared meat, raw meat tastes different to say the least. Especially because here in Serbia we are used to well done meat.

Now back to the topic. @LordRhinark I think that the U5 has accepted the troll-eating part with the rest of the dwarfen strange behavior and customs. It’s all normal to them by now :smiley:

More seriously - given the amount of contact between Empire and Dwarves, it might be somewhat common knowledge that Dwarves do it - Bardin wouldn’t necessarily know that they know, however.

Reminds me of a game session of The Dark Eye I played with my friends.
Animal Warrior activates his animal spirit powers and as a drawback his body turns ‘goaty’.
Ulf:“What the…”
Jarl:“What’s the problem?”
Ulf:“That guy just turned into a goat-man thing.”
Jarl:“And?”
Ulf:“Don’t you think we should at least talk about that?”
Jarl:“Last week we killed a huge bipedal Wolf which turned back into a human. The month before we travelled through the afterlife plains. Before that we saw the moon turn blood red and a massacre on thousands of prisoners for a ritual. And before that we fought an undead minotaur.”
Ulf:“…”
Jarl:“I guess that’s our life now. Nothing shocks me anymore.”
Jarl points at the Animal Warrior
Jarl:“At least this time it is on our side and we don’t have to kill it. Yet.”
Animal Warrior:“What?”
Jarl:“What?”

1 Like