70 urgent changes this game needs. Reasoning included

III. Easy less important fixes:
Unlike important fixes, these changes are more cosmetic-focused. Since they do not affect gameplay that much, their implementation can be deferred a little bit, in some cases a lot.

1. Redesign bomb icons. (It is very hard to differ one bomb from another in inventory. Compared to Vermintide 1, Vermintide 2 bomb icons are basically indistinguishable from each other. I have a minor visual impairment, and maybe healthy people have no problems differing them whatsoever (which I highly doubt), but I bet less sighted people can’t distinguish them at all.)
    Links: no links.

2. Let players apply illusions not only to weapons, but also to careers. If a player applies a weapon illusion to a career, then this illusion overrides all individual weapon illusions. There should also be a checkbox for overriding/not overriding red item illusions. (Some weapon illusions fit particular weapon careers, while looking bad on others. So if a player wants a weapon to visually fit the style of all 3 careers, they would need 2-3 weapons of a type with different illusions (let’s say 1 skin might fit 2 careers). And that is true for every weapon. And you might want to have weapons with different stats for different playstiles or for different difficulties. The resultant number of weapons is not only unreal to get, but even if you farm them out, they would completely trash your inventory. And the suggested change deals with both of these problems. Also I think it fits into the game logic, since in Vermintide we have illusions, not skins, and illusions can be very well applied to characters (depending on the nature of the illusions).)

3. Make Huntsman Hunter’s Prowl description and Shade Infiltrate description clearly state, that it increases damage (I didn’t know these actives increased damage, until occasionally reading that on the forum. And I didn’t even try these careers, because from the description they seemed useless. All my friends also didn’t realize this and ignored those careers, and I bet lots of other players experience the same problem. The majority of players do not read any forums, they just play the game.)

4. Turn private/public checkbox in TAB menu into a switch, or make the inscription statically say “private”. (Short reasoning: this checkbox is misleading. But to explain why it is so, I have to go deep into details, that might not be worth reading.
    Checkboxes are supposed to be used when you turn on some option. For example, if your game is public by default and there is a checkbox that allows to make it private. So checkboxes do not show current variable state, but show what will happen if you check them. Toggle switches work kind of opposite to checkboxes. They show the current state of an object, but they do not tell you what will happen after you switch them. So for checkboxes you got to guess their default state, for switches you got to guess their future state. Though it is possible to make a switch, that denotes both of its states, by writing text on its sides. Here is a good short article about checkboxes and switches.
    As for the private/public toggle, that is present in game, it behaves like a toggle switch, although it looks like a checkbox. And this is very misleading.)

5. Make Return to the Keep button at score screen inactive, until all players are done getting their chests. (People sometimes don’t even get to see the scores, since other player with a powerful pc/good connection can potentially get to the screen really fast and press the skip button.)
    Links: 1.

6. 2 second damage immunity for those, who join active games. (This is not a cosmetic change, but the situation this fix addresses happens so rarely, that it makes the change very very unimportant. So when you join a game, you often end up in a middle of a fight, and if you forget to press block, or if it gets delayed, you might take a lot of hits, possibly die (your HP are also not full in most cases). And even block does not save you sometimes, since you might just get overwhelmed the second you join the match. So some protection for joining players would be nice.)

7. Make it so that damage done to level bosses would count as “boss damage” in the after-game statistics. (no comments)
    Links: 1, 2.

8. Add friendly Fire stat. (Would be nice to have this one too. ;-))

9. Write down Map name, difficulty, win or lose, # of tomes and grims at the stat screen. (Sometimes you want to screenshot yours or team stats, and it would be nice to have all that data. Not that important, but not that hard to add.)

10. Show ping. (Having more information is always nice.)
    Links: 1.

11. Allow turning off bots. (Sometimes bots can be a hinder, sometimes u just wanna play solo to test some stuff.)

12. Make weapon traits, that apply buffs, have their own ingame buff icon. Use a weapon icon for the buff icon. (First off, this will show that the buff actually works, because so many things do not. Secondly, it will help to realize how the buffs work. Trait text is rather small and objectively can not contain all the details on the trait mechanic. Thirdly, it is just convenient. Despite being a very important change for traits, I don’t give this change a high priority, because weapon traits that give buffs are almost useless now.)

13. Remove fall damage for mobs. (They’re dumb. They follow you. They fall. They die. This doesn’t happen too often though, thus low priority.)

21 Likes