Looks like the spear is getting some work according to Robin who is a developer

I played in the closed beta and the open beta. 80~ hours and 100 hours. Most of my time was spent as Handmaiden in Closed Beta whereas I diversified into three level 25+ characters in Open Beta. Closed beta was where the spear was quite literally the uncontested god of melee combat. This is meaningful because the last CB had the hardest difficulties before all the readjusting they did. I knew for a fact the game would never remain at that level and that’s why I have three characters over level 25 now. They nerfed it twice, a big nerf to attack speed, charged attack movement speed, headshot multiplier and possibly its damage in CB to OB patch. Then in release it -seems- like they nerfed the attack speed again because it’s pretty damn slow to use on Handmaiden with no attack speed buffs, along with a cleave nerf that I have yet to fully and completely spade out.

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting evidence for claims concerning the balance of the game. Evidence doesn’t hold discussion back- it enhances the quality of it. This is what happened after people started making funny videos of Huntsman Kruber absolutely destroying bosses.

So you have a level 20+ friend who can use temp health on kill, a staple feature of all current classes around that level, to stay alive while killing a horde “in the middle of them”. On what difficulty was this? Because in Recruit/Veteran this is probably possible although the type of mobs could heavily affect the efficacy of it. In Champion you couldn’t get away with doing that unless you lucked out and got a horde with no shield units whatsoever. And even then, it’s iffy. After all, spear has trouble with shielded or armoured enemies.

Amen. Spear feels almost useless on legendary when you’re seeing many more armored enemies. Before legendary armored ones seem to be annoying, but the hordes felt like being the threat. In Legendary hordes begin to feel easy compared to the armored ones due to their increased numbers. Legendary made me start playing with the Glaive, although I LOVED the spear before. But he just deals too less dmg even with headshots on armored ones.

“(I have a friend that plays waystalker. cleans hords by standing in the middle of them, with a spear ofc. Takes barely any damage at all)”

So you’re outright admitting you’re playing on recruit, it is literally impossible to facetank a horde on the higher difficulties as anyone but kruber and ironbreaker, the higher difficulties that the game should be balanced around not just holding down W+M1 on easy.

youre right. its better at crowd killing since it it kills hordes so damn fast. im pretty sure out of all the melee weapons it kills hordes the fastest.

yes you cant tank a horde with the spear. no one is saying the spear preforms like a shield. what he means is that the spear simply kills enemies in a horde quick enough to not have to worry too much about getting hit. even on champion and i have video proof of that which i am currently uploading. combine that with health on kill and its even more effective.

i never said that their was anything wrong wanting that. im uploading evidence that the spear is still strong.

in fact i would say thats its still too strong and needs further balancing. the video im uploading is a completed run on champion as the elf at 275 power and at lvl 24 and with 3 other bots.

well the footage i have says otherwise. uploading as i type.

So you’re running tests on Champion at a power that’s barely adequate for Veteran. I have to hand it to you, you had me going for quite a while - I actually thought you were being serious in your ignorance when in reality you’re just a master troll.

much needed changes. it was too powerful and trivialized the difficulty of the game. the developers dont just rely on feedback when it comes to these changes. they have access to in game statistic which would have most likely shown the spear outperforming other weapons. then theirs in house testing and all that.

i know its hard to believe. give me 1 hour and the footage will be uploaded. it just goes to show how strong the spear still is. oh and its 275 power. you cant get into champion below 222 power.

actually the first part will be done uploading in 10 minutes. https://i.imgur.com/yT6AKJ4.png

buddy? where’s the video?

You must be as delusional as he is if you think he’s going to deliver anything.

made a new thread about it. videos are at the end of the OP

Two screenshots of you carrying a team of bots. Literally even a sword and shield foot knight can do that.

Holy dickballs, your videos are a riot. In not a single one of them did your swings, charged or otherwise, cleave through more than 2 enemies (See: Grimmochov’s video), which was the point being discussed. So the spear is overpowered because you can solo champion with it? Hot damn, I hope no one tells you about the Halberd anytime soon.

You’re a joke, your “proof” is a joke, your opinions on balance and feedback are a joke, and my only regret is falling for your bait for this long. Please remove yourself from any sort of feedback discussion.

1 Like

are you saying that heavy swing with the spear or quick wide cleaves dont cleave through multiple enemies? did you even watch the video or did you just look at the screen shots?

in regards to the halberd. are you actually implying that the halberd is over powered because i sure as hell havent seen anyone complain about it.

the fact the developer nerfed the spear twice only goes to show that you dont know what youre talking about and probably never will.

get it through that thick skull of of yours. the spear was over powered. say it with me now - the spear was over powered.

the only person who should remove themselves from these forums entirely is you because you literally have nothing of value to contribute.

You know nothing about spear. 600 Power here, it cleaves through 3-4 slave rats (SLAVE RATS) at Legendary withj its cleave attacks only. It’s staright attack are still just simple hits. Almost every weapon can cleave that and more. Nothing special.

Guys, please, all I will repeat what I have said in another thread of this troll Xplosive- please don’t feed him, let it sink. Guy can’t be taken seriously, he is biased and has some personal crusade and it’s obiously troll since I think none of us believe one can be that dense.

Just stop replying to him. Let him stay in cave.

false. the quick attack cleave can cleave through enemies with higher amor values than slave rats. not as high as storm vermin or chaos warriors though. i would upload a video about it but im done trying to spoon feed you elf mains.

no one here is disputing that.

keep to the topic at hand. were discussing the spear here.

a childish reply like that doesnt deserve a proper response.

But my dude, a very reputable source claims it cleaves through 2 (TWO) chaos warriors! The gentleman you’re naming is doing a favour to the community by championing for such a thing to be toned down!