Large frame rate drops

After not playing for a few months I’ve come back to encounter a rather cataphoric performance glitch of some kind that I cannot for the life of me figure out.

At random intervals of the days or hours, my game will lose upwards of 30-50 frames for about five to eight seconds in length, occurring about every 20-30 seconds of smooth running time. I go from roughly 70 frames down to nearly 20-30, which causes the game to go into near slow motion and then subsequently a second of catch up as the world fast forwards around me.

I have a GeForce GTX 1070 and an Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.00GHz. The game ran perfectly before my hiatus and is now unplayable.

I have installed the game twice, checked for corrupted files once, installed two new video drivers since, and have tried every graphical setting from low to extreme with no avail. Nothing fixes it.

The oddest part is how random it is. Sometimes I’ll go for a couple hours without a hitch, while others (like right now) happen all day.

I’m at my wit’s end here. To add insult to injury, I just bought both downloadable contents as well.

Locking post as we’re handling this via the Support Portal - my reply may be in your ‘Spam’ inbox. :slight_smile: