Enough... I'm out

Waystalker is strong at everything though.

1 Like

They shoud add ALOT of cosmetics in game and divide it into 4 categories.

GREEN - Anyone get them soon or later
BLUE - aprox 1 of 10 players got them
LEGENDARY - aprox One of 100 players get them
RED - stuff for serious grinders 1 per 1000 players got it.

By that way pople will always have feeling that they geting something, and some ultra rare cosmetics will remain rare and really make owner proud.

2 Likes

Brainless grinding is nothing to be proud of.

1 Like

And if anyone can get transmog its meaningless, some barrier must exist

1 Like

Is the meaning of wearing cosmetics you like the look of meaningless?

Universal cosmetic rule:
Even if devs create most beautiful item in the world and gief it to all players its no longer beatiful, just because anyone got it.

Thats why low drop rates must be preservet at least for some items.

1 Like

Tanking? CCing hordes? Keeping bosses knocked down or 2-3 shotting them? Please.

You know- some sane people are happy to have items they like, not happy about having item others do not have- that is a very serious social disorder- when instead of being happy of owning something you only care if other have it or not so you can feel more special. In Psychology that indicated a serious inferior complex that can only be “temporary cured” when you know you have something others people do not have. You don’t need it even- you are just happy others can’t have it…

3 Likes

Point of mine is this;
+Is this a LOOT GRINDER game?
-Yes?..
+In a loot grinding game is goal grinding for loot?
-Yes?..
+So in a loot grinding game main issue that you are continue to play is getting better loot right?
-Yes?..
+So that if I’m not rewarded for HUNDREDS of HOURS of gameplay, what’s the point of a loot grinder game?..
-Nothing…

2 Likes

i would say waystalker does eeverything well enough, but does not excel at any specific area, which should be the way, as her kit is a generalist.

she does not have the burst dps of BH, her trueshot ability is half as effective as burning skull (debatable on circumstance), she takes 100% dmg but has regen, she doesn’t have any movement special abilities, her tanking is limited because she can’t knock down or taunt bosses.

she’s useful in all situations depending on her weapon setup and usage, which is what i love about her class.

no

1 Like

no, this is untrue. if you want a case study, look at warframe. you work hard at a spec or loot, you get it, you have a sense of achievement. if a piece of rock added to your armor is ultra rare, but looks terrible, it’s not beautiful.

if there was a very beautiful skin available to sienna “pay $5 for young sienna skin, when she was hot, literally and figuratively” it would be the most paid for cosmetic in the game if there was microtransactions, i ASSURE you.

it matters to individual players that their character looks cool. and it’s okay if other people have it too.

i do agree that rarity must be preserved, but not relegated to a very small % based on luck. it needs to be achievable and worked towards. the bounties and contracts system was really good in vt1, hope they include it in the future.

2 Likes

a red and a cosmetic off just 150 hours… you were one of the lucky ones!

To grind loot.

If people are not happy with that, they shouldn’t play a loot grinder game. Nobody needs cosmetics or reds. Reds will only SLIGHTLY improve your game. Cosmetics are fun. And if you would’ve gotten everything you’d quit either way, so quit now.

1 Like

Which social disorder would that be? I’d like to look it up.

And look to be clear, if I can do higher dificulty than you, and if I can complete more mission per hour than you, offcourse I wish to look more bad ass than you, thats how things must be.

If I want to throw 50 bucks at the game I must look more badass than you, despite you completing more missions per hour than me. That’s how things must be. See? It’s just your opinion.

but there must be always items with maybe 1 per 1000 people has, to gief you reason and mystery to play.

Don’t need no “mystery” to play myself. I don’t think the low probability of winning the lottery gives it any mystery whatsoever either. And, I don’t think the game necessarily needs to cater to the demographic that does.

1 Like

I got another provement thats is true… dunno if you ever played WoW ? Evry 6 moonths blizzard relasing in-game store mounts, those mounts are graphicaly most beautiful in game, they really got best artist touch. Dozzens of people buy them, BUT no one giefs a damn about those mounts, they pose 0 respect, nor single person admires them ingame… in other hand you see guy with ugly mount which is rare to get, and entire Stormwind gather around the guy, just to see that mount live. Thats whats im talking about…

Easy given is never good, just look to yourslef, woud you like girl who is easy on trigger for long term relationship? (I guess no, they are good only for SHORT fun right? ) same goes with games. If anything is easy gieven to players, fun is very short.

1 Like

Your logic about women example is wrong. I for example have a great wife, also gamer, she is also very fit and good looking. However I am not happy or feel special just because I HAVE a wife and my friends sadly did not find their perfect matches yet. That would be being an egoist to be happy only because other people don’t have what I have.

However if all of my friends found them selfs their own wifes I would be happy for them, because that doesn’t change the fact that I have my own wife and I am happy. I don’t need everyone else to NOT HAVE wife so I can be happy having my own. I am happy having my wife and I don’t care if other people have their owns.

You seem to treat a woman like sort of rare drop or trophy to brag about around others. You will never be in happy long-term relationship with that attitude.

1 Like

Wife are rare drop indeed… look this video and you will know why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuI6GTY9eVc

Same must refers to ingame loot, there must be cosmetic loot which is easy to get, and there must be loot which is hard to get, thats all what im talking about. If you hand all loot to players they simple lose purpose to play and stop playing, its always like that. Carrot on stick is a must to keep people going.

1 Like

Your problem is not the low red weapon drop rates but your approach to gaming in general.

Progress in Verm doesn’t come from bigger numbers. It comes from an increase in skill.

Red weapons don’t matter if you’re a good player. Legend is doable without red weapons. Sure, you have to grind a bit to even get to Legend, but once you hit Item Power Level 300 you’re fine with whatever weapon you have.

On the other hand, grinding for reds will drain you. It will burn you out. You will lose interest in Vermintide, you will lose interest in the game you actually love. Just because you decided to hunt bigger numbers instead of, you know, getting gud.

There’s always a better player than you. Play, analyze your mistakes, learn from them. I am not talking about deeds - they’re a fine challenge, but nothing prepares you more for the real Vermintide feel than having to clutch out a match where all 3 allies are dead already.

Practice. Learn. Get involved in the community. Discuss builds, learn advanced concepts like “ultimate economy”, “know your role” and “kill greed” and how they affect runs.

EDIT: I thought it’s a good idea to bring this thread over to the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8785la/progress_in_vermintide_does_not_come_from_bigger/

3 Likes

I play the Vermintide Games for the World/Lore, i love Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, but Fatshark… you can´t compare the first V1 with the Second. I highly recommend for everyone who hasn´t yet played the first Game, to play it. You can Literally feel the Love from Fatshark, from the Dialogues arguing/mocking eachother with quite good Lines, Maps, Lorebook to the little things like the Trinkets shown on your Character and such.

1 Like