Welcome to Update #14 - bringing you a host of fixes and a few adjustments. This patch will is also the groundwork for an event coming later this week, stay tuned on July 11th for that!
This update might take a couple of hours from now to find it’s way through the pipes to your console.
This patch focuses on:
- Lots of fixes to many of the levels.
- The unintentional changes to Brace of Pistols and varying Shotguns have now been corrected.
- Improved information to players when they’re in a lobby that has closed due to the host of the game leaving/quitting.
- General improvements to stability
- Plus more changes
You can read the full notes here:
- A warning will now be displayed when host tries to leave a game with players connected to the server.
- Clients will now get a message that the host left the game when the host disconnects (eariler they only got a message that they lost connection to the host).
- Wielding a career skill weapon (Bounty Hunter’s double handgun, Waystalker’s trueflight arrows, Pyromancer’s burning skull, or Ranger Veteran’s smoke bomb) will now cause you to drop any level event item (barrels, oil jugs, cannon balls, etc.). This is done to one: prevent an exploit where you’d get regular movement speed when having your weapon “out”, and two: promote characters with movement related skills be more prized for those carrying tasks.
- Taal’s Horn Keep - Moved the potions and added two bombs to the target dummy area.
- Bots will now despawn nearer to the time in which a player assumes control over them. Players will now join the game closer to the group when assuming control of a bot.
- Athel Yenlui - Fixed a couple of locations where players could get stuck.
- Athel Yenlui - Added improved collision to a specific breed of trees to further mitigate situations where Ratling Gunners would shoot you through them.
- Athel Yenlui - Fixed a spot where Packmasters could drag a player out of bounds resulting in them being unrescuable.
- Athel Yenlui - Fixed a spot where enemies could spawn behind a solid wall and casually just walk through it, taking the group by surprise.
- Blightreaper - Fixed so that torches on The Blightreaper cannot be removed when playing with the “Darkness of Heresy” mutator.
- Convocation of Decay - Fixed a pretty rare but nevertheless present issue where a Blightstormer would stand behind a particular wall and cast his vortex unapolagetically at the heroes who couldn’t retaliate.
- Empire in Flames - Fixed some holes in geometry and some sticky navigation locations.
- Empire in Flames - Fixed a resapawn point that sent players far too far in to the level.
- Empire in Flames - Fixed a spot where enemies could spawn in plain sight.
- Empire in Flames - Fixed a rooftop during the escape section on which a boss could navigate and subsequently get stuck.
- Festering Ground - Fixed an issue where players who died after a point of no return when following the Nurgle trail could respawn behind and be rendered unrescuable.
- Festering Ground - Fixed an issue where enemies couldn’t path to players who were stood atop a tent in the camp.
- Festering Ground - Fixed various issues where players could see outside the level unintentionally or where some art assets would disappear when viewed from particular angles.
- Festering Ground - We’ve fixed up a case where a boss could spawn right in your face after jumping down to grab the second grimoire.
- Fort Beercanbronchioles - Fixed a location where players could get stuck.
- Fortunes of War - Fixed a case where players could die and never have the opportunity to respawn.
- Fortunes of War - Fixed spot where players could exploit.
- Garden of Morr - Fixed a pickup that became disabled after having swapped items at that location.
- Garden of Morr - Fixed a floating plank that remained after completing the end event.
- Halescourge - Fixed a location where players could get stuck.
- Halescourge - Fixed up some places where bots had a tendency to fall off the edge of the map.
- Halescourge - Fixed a situation where two patrols could spawn in the same place.
- Horn of Magnus - Fixed a flashing light seen in the darkness ‘Weekly Event’.
- Horn of Magnus - Fixed spot where players could exploit.
- Hunger in the Dark - Fixed a couple of locations where players could get stuck.
- Hunger in the Dark - Fixed some geometry issues where players could see through the walls to the outside world.
- Into the Nest - Fixed a location where players could get stuck.
- Into the Nest - Fixed a particular rock which a Ratling Gunner could shoot through.
- Righteous Stand - The ‘halo’ effect over the statue of Sigmar should now disappear as intended once the explosion ends during the final event.
- Righteous Stand - Fixed a location where players could get stuck.
- Righteous Stand - Fixed the barrel that was in a state of perpetual falling in the barracks. You know the one.
- Righteous Stand - Fixed some unusual occlusion seen when traversing the wall at the Southern Axe Bit Garrison.
- Taal’s Horn Keep - Fixed a couple of picture frames which weren’t appropriately secured to the wall.
- The Screaming Bell - Fixed so that should a horde spawn behind the door during the Rat Ogre encounter they can now reach the event area.
- The Screaming Bell - Fixed a grate in the floor that could swallow up a loot die if an enemy dropped one in there when killed.
- The Screaming Bell - The warpfire VFX seen when the bell is ‘cut down’ should now be visible by a player who joins after the bell has been destroyed.
- The War Camp - Fixed a couple of locations where players could get stuck and one where they could fall through the terrain.
- The War Camp - Fixed some spots where enemies could spawn under the water and remain untouchable.
- Fixed two small memory leaks
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scrolling through paintings.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when transitioning out of the Taal’s Horn Keep level.
- Fixed a localisation issue on a particular Okri’s Challenge where Saltzpyre’s name was spelt incorrectly in Polish.
- Fixed an issue where bots would teleport up into the air after having used a lifting platform.
- Fixed the bleeding effect on a Rat Ogre from being reduced in quality at too close a distance to the player. Also corrected some scenarios where the bleeding effect would appear to be ‘unattached’ to the Rat Ogre.
- Fixed an issue with bosses that spawn behind walls being pacifists.
- Fixed an issue where some Chaos Troll swings ended their collision too early.
- Fixed an issue where player characters carrying a barrel would not play their “grabbed by Leech” animation.
- Fixed cases where the beam staff, and drakegun VFX would be placed incorrectly when used by a bot.
- Bardin & Kruber - Fixed an issue where a pellet from a shotgun could trigger ammo gain talents multiple times.
- Bardin & Kruber - Fixed an issue where the spread of Grudge-Rakers and Blunderbusses were higher than intended.
- Bardin - Fixed the hammer that wasn’t attached to the body of the gun on of one of his Handgun illusions.
- Kruber - Added missing trails to pellets on Blunderbuss illusions that were missing them.
- Saltzpyre - The 2h sword critical hit damage against frenzied enemies should now be higher than a non-critical hit.
- Saltzpyre - Fixed a crash that could occur when using your career skill as Bounty Hunter.
- Saltzpyre - Fixed the Witch Hunter Captain hat ‘Candlewick Watchtower’ that could clip through his forehead.
- Saltzpyre - Fixed the animation of the light attack following a push with the Axe and Falchion.