WoM Community Poll

Yep, and that’s what I dislike about this entire talent tier, the only talent that affects ranged weapon is 7% pwr, so when you play pyro, bh or w/e other ranged oriented career it’s nobrain choice.

3 Likes

Seasonal reset?
we loose all the progress in the weaves?

3 Likes

I am totally with you. I felt exactly the same when playing this game. I really loved to play with my friends (we all have beyond 200 hours), but now these changes make me feel like I am too stupid to play the game. And weaves feel like a bad artificial mechanic to keep you in the game…

1 Like

I have played like 10 games even the champion difficulty seems hard, but might be just because everyone is on the previous patch mindset.

Few things seem annoying like chargers and archers.

1. Archers are like damn snipers.
    Play slayer drink speed potion and run like a speed demon, still the damn snipers will hit you from over 100meters away no problem.
    (Change the weapon skin to sniper rifle and i’m fine with it. :slightly_smiling_face:)

2. With ping over 100ms it’s almost impossible to dodge chargers and archers.
    (Dedicated servers? pls :sob:)

2 Likes

So, I have a few words to say about the poll. I have very mixed feelings about 2.0 in general, and about lots of changes in particular.

1. Let’s take a look at the new fraction. I mostly like it, but there are still some annoying things about them, first one- they’re too dark, and their movements very hard to see, especially in a darker maps/parts of some maps. Also they seems to have too many different attack animations, but maybe it’s just me not being used to them.

2. Or looking at new talents, I like some of new talents, but lots of them are just boring or straight useless and gives you no real choice (I can’t say previous talents where more balanced, but if you’re reworking them all at once, maybe try a little harder?), and putting ult talents on a lvl 35 feels like a slap in the face.

3. Here I wanna tell my thoughts about THP+dodge changes, if it was only THP nerf or only dodge nerf it would’ve feel a lot better, but this two changes plus stagger changes just makes combat pace way too different from before, it’s more like VT1 combat, but with VT2 number of foes and lazy AI director who likes to throw some ratties behind you or facespawn specials. I don’t say it’s unmanageable, but it feels too slow and awkward.

4. As for weaves I mostly dislike them, IMO they’re too grindy, and I don’t like they’re completely scripted with 0 randomness, I know why it was done, but TBH I don’t really care about leaderboards and such things like weave-fishing. However I like the idea, and I liked most of weave modifiers, it would’ve been cool to see this modifiers in a deeds or Twitch intervention.

4 Likes

That’s very true. So many interrelated things were changed at once that it’s hard to separate one from the other and to figure out what’s actually responsible for a particular feeling. Is it just the Beastmen that make mixed-faction hordes feel way more dangerous, or is it the changed dodge, or is it the changed weapon balance, or the all-new Talents or the changes to damage dealing? Everything affects everything else, and tweaking one thing makes the others feel different too. All these changes, minor and major, coming in at once makes things pretty overwhelming.

There’s bias everywhere except in-game. The people taking part in the conversations anywhere are already the vocal and active part of the community, not the vast majority that just prefers to keep playing. Reddit has it own biases, and Steam forums have theirs (and at least the latter one tends to be overly negative and even hateful, in my experience). So any poll created is biased, be it here, in Reddit, in Steam or another less official platform.

7 Likes

You tried your best, but the real winner came out on top. I ain’t sayin’ there’s not a certain aroma, but who’s to say it isn’t the stench of superiority?

5 Likes

They SHOULD be the real threat, slave rats in Warhammer uses what ever pointy stick they can use and just run towards you without armor. They should die from a dwarf sneeze. A stormvermine is the elite, the specialy trained soldier who can take care of human soldiers with ease. And that’s not even mentioning the nurgle boosted monsters that chaos warriors are. But all the trash horde mobs should just be just that, trash.

2 Likes

In short, the game didn’t need an overhall of the core combat system. It needed content! Maps, Deeds, Crafting and so forth. It needed stuff for players to do that feels rewarding.

What we got was pretty much only a reworked combat system that NOBODY asked for.
The only content we got was a new difficulty, sure, this is good at a base level, but you get NO reward for doing cata. ATM you get the same boxes as on legend so why on earth would I bother?
And weaves… good god, weaves. They could remove it from the game and I would not shed a single tear.

4 Likes

Uhhh… what happened here?

5 Likes

Basically, Fatshark had 3 betas, got a ton of feedback that many people hated the core combat changes, then just launched anyway without really changing anything from the last beta. And then those people that told Fatshark weeks ago that they hated the changes decided to go review the game & warn any potential new players that the core combat is not fun in its current iteration.

^ Take a wild guess at when 2.0 was released…

17 Likes

Is not that bad, people are overreacting

the weaves mode is cool, seasonal reset is not ok
the new weapons are cool
sienna’s flail and kerillian’s spear+shield are awesome!
the new dark omens map is awesome

the talents just need to be the way they were before, simple

4 Likes

Aye.

The most representative polls imo would be any done by FS in the client window, but unless they release that data to us only FS know the outcome of those.

Guess we at least have Steam’s player numbers (and reviews, though not everyone leaves one) to reference.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s not that bad to you. To me, it’s a complete dumpster fire. I hated the combat changes in beta 2, and I still hate them now.

Some of the WoM content seems interesting, but the core combat is awful now. I don’t enjoy playing the game at all.

10 Likes

Actually, even that has a lot of selection bias. You’ll only capture feedback from people who are still playing the game if you do that. Probably even more important than asking for opinions would be for them to look at last login date by steam account & see if they’re losing players.
EDIT: and look at average play time per gaming session and see if that’s trending up or down.

5 Likes

Afaik Stormvermin aren’t even that terrifying in the lore, individually. They, like all Skaven, rely on weight of numbers and being backed up by insane warpstone contraptions or diseases and assassins to beat their enemies. They’re a solid unit but one-on-one against regular state troops they aren’t at a huge advantage apart from maybe equipment/quantity depending on the clan/state (eg Clan Rictus has a lot of SV. Also, Reikland is wealthy and well equipped, Stirland for example is dirt poor), and against elite troops SV are nothing.

Clans Mors SV are better in that regard, but there it’s also about numbers and the weird loyalty thing Clan Mors has got going on. That and Queek being a beast.

3 Likes

Aye, I guess we’ll have to take in info from everywhere a bit. Player counts were already very reduced due to the content drought however, I imagine it’ll take a bit to drop again.

2 Likes

Elves only smell of cinnamon rolls at all times.

@Yzneftamz The “too many changes” really hit home for me when I started playing the update without WoM. Without all the new variables, it suddenly felt a lot better.

2 Likes

@SmokerT69

say “smelly Dwarf” again! I dare you!

6 Likes

It could also be argued from that chart that there has been a huge spike in positive reviews too. Just being Devil’s advocate a bit…

I don’t think I’ve seen such a negative response to a DLC before - even Drakenfels(which wasn’t exactly well received) got a better reception than this. EVEN trying to drop a falcion in Karak Azgaraz didn’t cause as much frustration as this. (ok maybe that last bit was a bit much).

I’ve kept going, kept slogging away. (Actually slog is a very good way of describing the current gameplay) until my Brother came along a told me to go play Cata in VT1 again and it’ll soften the blow a little.

It kind-of made me realise what they’re aiming for at FS - the feeling that you need to back into a corner together, have the right weapons and fight off the enemies just right

However, I faced far fewer total enemies than in VT2, and I got those sweet traits that gave back GREEN health and I miss the earthing rune :frowning: My single glimmer of hope is that we haven’t got the whole package yet, and a complete rework of properties and traits will change things for the better.

However, WoM in it’s current state still belongs in a Goblins Latrine Trench (Do they even go in latrines? Or just throw it around the camp?) and having to stand in the window frame on Horn of M and bash things for ten minutes because you dare not risk a little foray up the stairs is not much fun.

The example of that little defensive arch in the Horn of Magnus is how I’m getting people in QP to understand the easiest way to adopt to the fundamental changes to the game. Back against a wall together, push things on the floor like a school bully, hit it on the head. Repeat until you win or develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

9 Likes