Why you shouldn't nerf Beastmen

Agreed, on champion I can play Zealot and literally just spam light attacks into anything, and still come out victorious. Legend and especially cataclysm are where the true imbalances begin to show.

I’ve been thinking a bit about this and would the solution be not to just balance the factions against the players but also against each other? So that for example Skaven get the largest hordes, the Norscans gets the smallest but that in Norscan hordes there is a greater percentage of elites than in Beastmen and Skaven and so on.

And how this would impact the Beastmen would be that they get a medium sized horde to attack, far fewer than Skaven but more numerous than the Norscans, get the least number of monster spawns (can’t comment on special and elite spawning since the rooster is at present so limited for this faction). And that Beastmen enemies in general are faster on their feet than at present. And in keeping with the Beastmen ambush status, they got no patrols marching around. And last but not least, the same spawn and audio clues as other factions, but that with increase movement there can still be a “Oh, damn I didn’t see that one coming!” moment at times without it becoming a, as I’ve understood it, frustrating repetition.

EDITED: And perhaps also a smaller aura for the banner?

I’ll leave the finer details of the mechanics to those who are more inclined to the math of it.

1 Like

Yeah but what you are describing is a bug as stuff like that also happens with other factions, i.e. enemies popping in out of thin air. And yes some spawns are problemativ but in general you can or should be able to counter their ambushes pretty well (or at least I for some reason can). Enemies just appearing behind you is not okay and not what I meant in my OP.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.