Where can I promote my server?

I just made a discord server to share with my friends, and I would like to grow it. I tried searching the fatshark forums but there doesn’t seem to be a dedicated discussion board for promoting… Before I drop a link I want to double check that it’s okay to do so. If not, where would you guys suggest that I go to promote my server?

Update: Here’s my discord join code for anyone interested: TXpjTCt

I think it’s allowed in the subreddit and on steam forums. But i would check the rules before posting. The fatshark forum rules are pinned somewhere aswell.

Edit: best way would probably be to find players ingame and ask them if you enjoy playing with them.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I’ve been sharing my discord in game whenever I find a group that wants to go more than 2 rounds without disbanding lol

1 Like

Before anyone else does it, i want to remind you that there are is an official discord for V2 as well as multiple other (big) public servers. Even language restricted ones (can’t find a better term, they are not nationalistic afaik), i’m part of a german one were you can almost guaranteed find a match in less than 5 min, someone is always online and willing to play.
I don’t want to discourage you, i have a private server myself where i used to invite people to with the same intention as you. I also was part of multiple private servers that were used with the same intention.
Until i actively participated in one of those bigger servers i thought everything was fine and dandy. Yet, i discovered that using them will get you to know so much more people, and extremely talented ones at that. It will also result in far quicker matches with people you might already know. Of course you will get your fair share of stupid people, but hey, that’s gotta be expected.
I want to encourage you to try out those servers first, you can ask on reddit if you maybe want one in a specific language, the usual suspects are stickied on the sidebar.
If you want to keep it more private i can respect that, but you sound like someone that justs wants to find people to play with, and the aforementioned path is way easier and quicker as well, speaking out of experience.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice :slight_smile: I appreciate you looking out for me! But I’m actually pretty serious about starting my own server. I got addicted to Guild Wars 2, started a server, and it’s basically self sufficient at this point. I then got addicted to Destiny 2, started a server, and it’s it blew up over night! I’ve been waiting for the fall expansion for Destiny 2 to release which is why I’ve been playing so much V2. And given my track record, I wanted to test the waters with a V2 exclusive server. For some reason I keep getting addicted to games that end with “2” lol. But yeah, my other two servers were pretty easy to grow since they have official forums where you can promote your clans, but V2… is not a clan based game so it’s proven a bit harder to recruit members :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have experience, so i think i worried to much. :sweat_smile:
Good luck with your endeavour, may i ask which region you are in?
Can’t have enough discord servers for Vermintide, might be interested to join yours in the near future.

1 Like

Hey don’t even worry about it! I’m based in NA [Chicago] so feel free to join any time! Here’s the server join code: TXpjTCt

1 Like

For anyone else trying to figure out where to promote their server… turns out the official Vermintide subreddit is the best place! I literally got like 10 active players within the first day of posting on reddit :smiley:

3 Likes