When i see this thing, i think of an alchemist, it's a pretty nice idea for a class, but we need a summoner more, it'd fill that niche of support and offense nicely

Not sure how a summoner would work narratively. Grendyl doesn’t strike me as a Radical (and the entire Tertian operation has a monodominant or amalatian vibe to it), so summoning daemons seems out of question (a Daemonologist summoning horrors would be cool though). A squad leader vet may have worked, but that has become the shout guy.
What we are certainly missing for the psyker is a telepath. Not sure how that would work mechanically though. Buffs for allies and influencing enemy behavior?

1 Like

Closest to summoner would probably be Tech-priest with servitor minions:

Just raising servitors out of the ground would be a bit silly though.

1 Like

I think plenty of builds do the support & offense really well. Zellies with Chorus, tank oggies, every vet has VoC anyway, and most psykers are basically that by definition.

I’d definitely like a pet class / trapper thing tho! More for just a very different type of gameplay. Besides, we have plenty of placeable support/defensive abilities, but next to no offensive ones. Unless something like the zelly’s fire nade counts. A class that could set up defenses that actually hurt enemies, like traps, turrets, or just similar pets in general would be really pog. :smile:

the best way for a summoner type class to work IMO is via servo skulls and servitors of some kind. i imagine the skulls being shield/rez/general support units while the servitors would be offensive type units that’d deal damage to enemies that come within range with the class abilities being something like “i stole enemy guns and use them for a short time via mechanical arms” along with “my body is a shield, take shelter within my tiny area” and a “i’m your new buff king, worship the ground i walk on” or maybe its a swarm of skulls with knives and roombas with claymors on them.

Best way would be having them enter the fray from outside of the Mao through the same doors that the enemies do

1 Like

Issue with that would be Tech priest not meshing well with the reject concept.

Full on Tech Priest wouldn’t, but there are much lower members of the Admech which could

1 Like

We cant have a lore breaking daemon summoner while a idea used in other mediums in the 40k universe that would just lead to more corruption and pretty much doom the planet. Basically insuring its status as a death trap as more and more people would eventually become corrupted and possessed as the barriers between plains thins. Its always a fun idea but I think that GWS have firmly established that dealing with the corruption in anyway just leads to more corruption down the road and why we hear about purges every so often. Now a tech priest could work like others have said as they could potentially control and mimic corpses with nano bots i think it is. They just tend to be something not left for reject classification which all of us in darktide are.

i’ll just paste what i said before, one sec.

the best way for a summoner type class to work IMO is via servo skulls and servitors of some kind. i imagine the skulls being shield/rez/general support units while the servitors would be offensive type units that’d deal damage to enemies that come within range with the class abilities being something like “i stole enemy guns and use them for a short time via mechanical arms” along with “my body is a shield, take shelter within my tiny area” and a “i’m your new buff king, worship the ground i walk on” or maybe its a swarm of skulls with knives and roombas with claymors on them.

and i understand your perspective but servoskulls are more than abundant, i’m sure of that. so that should clear up your issue with not being able to get stuff.

I don’t think there need to be utility Servo Skulls, and shields one don’t really exist in lore.

They should concentrate on 1 type for a Blitz (the 2 other being different blitzes, like Arc Grenades and Phosphor Blast Pistol)

Guardian Skull: Summon that follow you around or seek pinged enemies, shooting with it’s Stubber, will break or return to the Tech Reject after a little while or after it has no more ammo.
With side nodes branching toward other known Servo Skull abilities (not replacing the gun, but giving it additional things)

Aggression Enhancer Servo-skull: Give the Servo Skull periodic pulses that will buff outgoing damage from Rejects when one is in range

Shroud-Skulls: Give the Servo Skull a small aura that lower the enemy priority on the Reject (I know it has a name, but I forgot what)

And the other used for the Keystone
Gheistskull

Gheistskull: giving chances to release a Gheistskull that seek out a pinged target before exploding on it (Quite slow, and not that strong)

I don’t know where in the lore that happen, but the easiest still remain to simply have it either call down Servitors (like Inquisitor Prophecy with the Psyloi units), or have them hijack local Servitors and have those just rush out of usual enemy spawn point (doors and such)

1 Like

that makes sense

Soooo… Thinking out the box here but how about a Rattling Sniper or Scout as a class? Small, very fast, very ranged, with traps etc but has very low damage threshold.

Would be quite funny playing as a Rattling! Maybe could catch a piggyback from an Ogryn, throwing grenades lol :grin:

Point of view issues and can’t introduce anything that can’t be brought by Veteran

Oh man, how could I forget the archetypical pet for a possible pet class (possibly Vet):

0608f5d0d54670b612bccf96f7dfa47fe15bce4f_2_517x369

375px-CyberMastiffNecromunda

All the 40k doggos(incomplete)!!!
In this case most are cyber mastiffs, which would make sense.

i would love to have a dog as vet, actually, a companion slot for all classes would be nice (dog for vet, bird for psyker, zealot also gets a bird, the ogryn gets a lil rat) i love it so much

Btw, in addition to dogs, C.A.T.s are also a thing:

I don’t see the point on doing a branch for each with a pet tbh. I think it should remain a thematic ones.

Zealot Enforcers (left of Preacher), as they aren’t part of the Imperial Guard, with a Cyber Mastiff locking the other ability as well as passives (thus letting the ability grow instead). With as Blitz concussion Impact grenades

I’m inclined to say Vet doesn’t necessarily have to be guard (Armsmen, PDF,…)but the voice lines speak a different language (:sob: originally envisioned my char as Navy). That being said, I feel like the vet archetype fits an enforcer better than a zealot, professional paramilitary. For shouty things like crusaders, Frateris Militia and Witch hunters (the Ecclesiarchy kind) are a better match in my mind.

I think Vet should branch to Stormtroopers (Regimental ones, with a Volleygun/Hotshot Lasgun as ability) and something else, maybe Commissar, getting special mechanics that give them objectives to kill pinged or elites that are traitors and such

Zealot into Enforcers and Crusader.

Frateris Militia doesn’t really have anything to base a whole branch that would be different from Preacher.