What kind of music do you listen to while playing Darktide?

this game is very visceral and violent and grim so naturally it feels great for me to listen to something with a similar feeling

1 Like

Darktide OST.

6 Likes

wow that was fast

Game crashes all 2-3 minutes, so i only have the forum to play… :frowning:

1 Like

do you have ray tracing turned on? once I turned it off my game stopped crashing entirely, when before it always did so at least once a game.

Believe me, i am here since beta and tried every single bit of “fix” anyone provided. For now, i just wait for a new patch. I think one of the experimental patches (v 3 or 2) in beta actually worked for me, tho it was reverted with the next one. I still got 100 hours ingame, but quite frankly, i cba to play currently as there is also nothing else to do right now :slight_smile:

I know OP is a troll, but I just want to say this game’s OST is one of the best things about it. Absolutely amazing.

I have a 91 hour 40k playlist.

It’s just ok. Gives the grimdark gothic feel, gives the Hollywood anxiety cliche feel, gives the hamfisted darksynth feel.

Na, it’s excellent.

1 Like

Just the ingame music. But when I’m chilling in the Mourningstar I like to listen to the Mechanicus soundtrack over the top. Goes nicely with the intermittent organ/choir that plays there.
Also the Mechanicus soundtrack is just stupid incredible, so yeah.

1 Like

Why would I listen to anything else other than the excellent ingame OST by Jesper Kyd, while playing? There’s a reason why his Darktide soundtrack got featured in Rolling Stone. :wink:

I love Doom music and Mick Gordon’s stuff too - but it just doesn’t fit the tone of Darktide at all, IMO.

1 Like

The OST. I prefer the Vermintide music.

It’s rare that I’ll change the music in a game. About 50 hours into Rebel Galaxy I had to change it to… ( well I was looking for ambient, but not even sure that genre exists anymore ) synthwave.

1 Like

Going to be the outlier here and say I’m not impressed with Darktide’s soundtrack.

Probably has something to do with the fact that my most recent game was Shootas, Blood, & Teef.

2 Likes

This is what i listen to when i play psyker with new surge staff effects i also leave my mic on

1 Like

None, because you actually have to hear Darktide if you don’t want to get bushwhacked by enemies. You can always tell someone doesn’t have their sound on by how awful they are at avoiding dogs, trappers and mutants.

3 Likes

Jesper Kyd, usually.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the music volume way down. Weirdly I also have way less issues with enemies suddenly spawning in and hitting me in the back.

Not saying it’s not happening, but there is an audio que that works most of the time.

Jim Carrey singing death metal songs

1 Like

I think it is fitting since is about stopping disease.

LYRICS

A painful devil nestled somewhere in time
A hateful skin - no warnings, no signs
I had to see, was a disease watching me
Was all this swell, or just some kind of hell?
Master of guilt, I’m pulling your stitch
Twisting your fate and smashing your bone
The blood we bleed and the truth we heard
These broken wings are wearing thin

Crawling along my skin
This is the end my friend

This time
I’ll be the only one to save you from me
This time
I’ll be the only one to stop the disease
Don’t wanna be heinous like me

I am the one you denied