What is wrong with the Huntsman

its heavily devalued based on the fact shade and BH can both instagib 2 CWs at a time if they are lined up right, slayer also just decimates them.

1 Like

Best workaround for problems withKruber is pretty easy to enable right now.

Step 1: Go back to hero selection.

Step 2: Choose BH, WS or Pyro.

Step 3: Be viable for your team again.

Just make sure you dont take Kruber by accident and playing with Kruber becomes well balanced again.

2 Likes

Or you could just be a good player and perform fine, he is under-tuned but perfectly viable.

1 Like

We just need the old headshot-modifier back and the bow needs better boss damage.

I agree, its fine in so far that other classes poop all over bosses and CWs now but it means huntsman does nothing but kill specials exceptionally well, but most classes can do that, BH with an X-bow or any elf career for example, even a ranger vet with a crossbow is fine.

Can, and with ultimate.
You going to tell me that huntsman cannot wreak havoc when popping his active?

With active a handful of classes still outdamage you against bosses, BH, WS, Shade, CRD Pyro, ect, and with longbow its 4-5 shots from LB without crits to kill a CW, so define wreak havoc. You could run handgun, but you have less ammo and do better against CWs and Bosses (slightly) if you run reload speed build but you sacrifice a lot of utility / ammo regen to do so.

1 Like

i actually wanted to ask you whether they changed anything (maybe a stealth nerf to hookrats or stealth buff to handguns) because i clearly wasn’t bodyshotting them before a certain patch, but now, i can at any range. it’s not wrong, it’s seriously point and click for hookrats now, at any range. i’m using +skaven,armoured,chaos,infantry (not even monster, wierdly)

i remember i specifically asked you about the breakpoints for rifles before, because i couldn’t 1shot hookrats, but without changing anything, now i can. there’s no such thing as a partial shot (i don’t see a hookrat ever staggering from my shot, it’s always a kill now)

er, you have to run up to them which takes time, you have to wait for them to line up perfectly, and you also have to take into mind the additional mobs that are surrounding them, your ult also has to be up, so many factors. like sure you can do it, i play a lot of shade too and i love the class, but the huntsman provides a ranged way (his shots also knockdown maulers and stun chaos warriors mid swing, but as usual CC isn’t considered in most arguments) not sure why you guys can’t see the value of the huntsman, maybe all the huntsman you guys have played with are baddies =P

shrug

Because you can only get better at Huntsman?
Why not getting better at any other class to be again more viable than even a good played huntsman?
“Gid gud” never works for bad balance.

3 Likes

disagree. if you aren’t playing the class to it’s full potential, then obviously you’re going to report the class as being badly balanced, when in fact it actually is fine.

i personally think the huntsman is in a good spot right now, and balance should be focused on other classes like WHC.

1 Like

Read again.
If I am able to play huntsman to its full potential I also can play any other career to its full potential. So why should I play a career that needs pro moves to even work like others do if I also could simply take WS for example and be outright godlike with the same level of skill.
If I apply this logic of negating bad design with good gameplay, this game is actually perfect because man if you arent able to run legend runs with template weapons - gid gud, if you arent able to run legend wthout talents or anything solo - gid gud. You can certainly reach this level of skill and all the issues arent yours anymore.
No problem there. But that isnt what I was writing about. I was writing about how Huntsman gets outperformed at any comparable level of skill until you reach the point when careers or gear just wont matter anymore and if this is the goal, WHY implement careers in the first place?

2 Likes

i feel your premise is already at fault. what makes you think it doesn’t take the same amount of skill to play WS well? waystalker needs its own set of high skilled play to maximise effectively. godlike? i’d like to see how you engage multiple chaos warriors with surrounding mobs as a waystalker.

er, no. you’re exaggerating my words. i didn’t say anything about not being able to run legend runs with template weapons therefore git gud.

the huntsman is balanced in his own right on par with other dps classes. i’ve been arguing that the huntsman outperforms other classes in many areas - especially special/elite killing, but apparently not many people share my view. i’m playing the huntsman almost everyday and constantly outperforming on all grounds except bosses (handgun, i struggle on boss damage naturally as compared to the shade or pyro).

you are arguing that the huntsman is just a bad class which i feel isn’t true, because i’m proving it in every game i play. look at it this way: no other class can 1 shot all specials from any distance instantly (maybe bardin with a gun too) waystalker needs arrow drop time and an RNG crit, pyro requires her ult to be up and projectile travel time, BH needs to crit + projectile time.

eh, you know what, forget it. you’re absolutely right. the huntsman sucks, give him buffs!!!

1 Like

They gave the handgun a 50% boss damage buff at close range (which increased it’s damage from 51 to 76, just enough to one-shot). There is no way on earth you are one-shotting them at max range though. I am really not sure where you are getting the idea from that you can one-shot all specials at any range.

1 Like

from my legend runs that i am doing everyday with the same setup.

Just take the handgun on a career without the double range and you will notice the damage drop-off quite regularly, huntmsan only increases the distance at which that happens, it doesn’t negate drop-off.

2 Likes

yea, this is on huntsman, not on other kruber classes

If you do handgun HS you give up any and all ranged hordeclear, something crossbow BH and longbow WS don’t have to. Further, I feel you are overvaluing the ability to one-shot specials. Rarely, if ever, have I felt that doing it in one shot over two is going to save the day.

Also, BH does this every 7s or on every melee. With a weapon that has plenty hordeclear, extra crit on zoom etc.

BH and WS also has access to much better dodge-playstyle weapons, and WS in particular has a much greater range of viable melee weapons.

You may play very well as HS, I don’t doubt it. I would say that if you were equally skilled with other careers, you would do way better. This has been my personal experience, and the experience of many, many veterans of this game.

As I have said before, HS only works as a ranged elite killer now, and he’s not even the best at it.

3 Likes

I think huntsman is outperformed by builds that many people consider overpowered. The CDR pyro build and WS build with auto aim ults will always outperform even a very skilled huntsman player, and the limitless ammo BH with volley bow is often considered overpowered.

Therefore using classes that have no-skill ults as a reason to batter huntsman as a weaker class is a bit lame BUT these classes WILL always outperform HS so the argument that you need to git gud is a bit harsh against auto aim ults. He needs to really fill his niche as an elite killer properly and bring something he doesn’t at the moment, but he DID have prior to the idiot massive thread about huntsman ult 's vs bosses. I’m not suggesting we go back to the boss melter he was before but he definitely needs the elite killing power he had prior to the patch that broke him.

3 Likes

Thing is, I don’t use Pyro CDR or WS CDR builds and I outperform HS easily and handily. To be frank, those CDR builds might be the easiest way to get damage on those classes, but they’re not the most efficient in my experience.

I get the vast majority of my kills with staff or bow and don’t rely on the ults at all, they will never bring the sustained DPS a good skill build will give you. Pyro and WS outperform HS without their ults - and of course BH as well, as his ult isn’t quite as handy as Pyro/WS.

After all the nerfs, the HS ult is a tragic joke of a clunky mess for very little reward.

To be honest he was perfectly fine in 1.07,before FS lost their sanity over a single broken aspect in 108 and just completely nuked the character from orbit.

1 Like