What is the point of the +10% vs Poxwalker and Groaner Perk?

I am really curious what the point of a +10% damage bonus vs the Horde is, when most weapons seem to do around 150 to 400 damage and that would translate to something in between 15 and 40 extra damage?

Does this Perk help reach any breakpoints under any circumstance on any of the weapons in the game?

And if it does not reach break points, then what is the purpose of this perk, other than to lock you out of a useful option?

2 Likes

Yes, precisely.
It helps get past breakpoints for damnation or heresy, allowing you to put flak as your second pick, making it a much better horde clear weapon. As most hordes mix a lot of flaks.
You can also mix it with infested/unarmed and get past a breakpoint you simply can’t reach with just 25%.

I believe it would’ve been better if was just a little bit higher, 12-15% since than it would reach more breakpoints on more weapons.
But that is probably why it’s at 10, since than they know some weapons simply can’t reach certain difficulties and you get tiered weapons and more rng chasing.

agree about the 15%
All perks with the 10% are so restricted than they should have given these perks a max of +15%

1 Like

If 10% more damage against a poxwalker or a groaner is helpful enough to justify replacing a +25% maniac or flak armor, please call me right away and show me! :grin:

Yea basically it’s a big midfinger in your face, like a +8/10% weakspot/crit damage…

1 Like

Worst perks…

Gives few bonus damage. Can’t believe FS did not realize how bad is this.
Especially for critic damages…

There are full useless perks in the game…
+x% chances to critic
+x% damages for critics
+x% damages for weak spot
all +10%

And the best, starting from the end
+x% experience
+x% chances to get a curio
+x% ordos

1 Like

It’s actually +5% crit chance max. And that one is actually not a bad pick at all if you go for a Critfishing build.

yes… true

For which weapons, against which of the two enemies?
I can’t think of a single case where the 10% bonus damage here matters.

It could make a lot of difference on some weapons when paired with unarmoured, couldnt it? Might help reach some breakpoints. Even more so if another difficulty is added later on.

Thats the thing though. Its mostly unnecessary bloat. The bad blessings and perks make the better ones shine all the brighter, right? I don’t like it, but thats Darktide’s item progression.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I want to know for which weapon it actually helps to reach these breakpoints when they stay far below meeting these break points given that you will get like 8 extra damage on a 77 damage weapon. Meaning you turn your 77 damage weapon into an 85 damage weapon and nothing changed. The Groaner’s 150 HP on heresy will still require 2 hits. The Poxwalkers 225 HP will still require 3.

So obviously the weapon isn’t to help say a Tactical Axe to reach any breakpoints. So what is it good for? Which weapons?

Edit: And why use it and not +10% weakspot damage which is more universally applicable.

1 Like

Respectfully, I don’t think anyone cares enough to do an exhaustive test on it. Most people just use the 10% groaner/poxwalker damage as the dump perk whenever possible.

Well, i do care :slight_smile: And i want to know why it exists. What it purpose in life is and why would we ever pick it.

And given this is the Feedback area, i think that is a legitimate area of feedback to inquire what the purpose of a thing is that exists in the game. Because if it has no purpose… then why does it exist?

1 Like

I did overlook this one…

I am fine with +10% weakspot hit, as its going across all possible enemy types. I think 10% is a fair number given the broad appeal of this perk, even if it does not meet break points, it still adds more damage against larger enemies. Unlike a perk specific for Groaners and Poxwalkers, which seems to not do anything, because what it adds to the table is negligible.

+weakspot damage wouldn’t be my first pick, to be fair, but i don’t feel its entirely useless, like +10% vs Horde. There isn’t really a circumstance where i feel like an extra 5-50 damage will make any difference, when the weapon is either already overkill or needs 2+ hits anyway.

Meanwhile Weakspot hits does the same, in my mind, but is applicable beyond the Horde.

As for +crit chance… i do run that on a few weapons in combination with blessings like Surgical and the like. Unless there is some upper limit on stacking +crit chance, i don’t feel like that is a bad pick.

I’d much rather put +1 Stamina on Ranged weapons onto that list. I mean if it were universal and it would then also add stamina to your Melee weapon, maybe… but to be fair i don’t see the point in extra Stamina on a Ranged weapon. Even the Stamina draining Talent of the Veteran drains it so quickly its absolutely useless on Tier 4+ due to the sheer volume of enemies.

I would welcome if that +1 Stamina would be changed into a +25% stamina regeneration. That i could imagine to be useful in combination with the Stamina regeneration curio perks.

+crit damage… yeah… <10% is to little to ever consider this perk, even if its universally applicable, i’d much rather go for +crit chance, instead of increasing Crit damage by 30 or even 150 damage.

I can see a use for +Ordos if you actually are farming for a specific weapon. Its the type of Perk you wouldn’t run on an “every day” Curio… but i can very much see how someone might make a loadout with 3 curios each with +10% Ordos and then farm the several million dockets to burn at Brunts shop for a >370 item of their choice.

It would be great to see it be changed into +Resources and also increase Plasteel and Diamantine gain in addition to Dockets.

As for +exp, by the time you get meaningful values you are likely done leveling, but i still hope that one day they will introduce a Vermintide 2 like mechanic where there will be a reward for filling the Exp bar, and then it might be worth it. Don’t think the perk is necessary to remove, for that reason, but i do not see anyone ever picking it in the current situation.

Of course, that is me being extremely optimistic for no reason… hoping there will ever be a change to the system and i don’t think there is any indication for such a hope.

The curio stuff… eh. I have run it for a while, while i was hunting for specific curios, but ultimately i would say the perk itself isn’t enough. It should be 33,4% at its max level… resulting in a guaranteed curio if you run 3 of them and thus allowing one to farm curios via Emperor’s gifts.

maybe they silently corrected it… but in the past this perk does… nothing

I am about 99% sure that you only say this because you do not actually know how these 10% work.
(which is understandable, because it is quite unintuitive)

Just like in vermintide, +10% crit dmg as well as +10% weakspot dmg do not actually increase your dmg by 10%.

They increase only the additional damage that you dealt because it was a crit or a headshot by 10%.

Let’s say

• you do 100 dmg on a regular hit
  • you do 150 dmg on a headshot (100 base + 50 headshot bonus)

Then the + 10% headshot dmg

• will not grant you (1 + 0.1) x 150 → 15 extra damage (+10% damage on headshots).
  • will not grant you (1.5 + 0.1) x 100 → 10 extra damage (+6.6% damage on headshots).
  • will grant you 1 x 100 + (1 + 0.1) x 50 → 5 extra damage (+3.3% damage on headshots).
1 Like

Do we have an source for this or do we just assume this to be true? But yes, if that is true, then those perks are a lot worse than I thought.

I have to admit i haven’t run any tests with +10% weakspot damage.

You can test it in the meatgrinder.

Here: i tested it for you.

Mk XII infantry lasgun on zealot (no feats or passives that affect ranged damage, elite dmg, weakspot dmg, or anything like that).

Weapon info displays dmg vs unyielding: 276 dmg on bodyshot and 442 dmg on headshot → 1.6x dmg on headshot.

This is the weakspot dmg against a reaper from 3 meters without 10% weakspot dmg perk.

443 headshot dmg according to meatgrinder.
442 headshot dmg according to stats board.
Rounding error.

Since the headshot dmg multiplier is 1.6 according to the ingame weapon damage stats, we would expect the following numbers for headshot damage with +10% headshot dmg perk:

If it increased the overall dmg of the headshot by 10%, we would expect:
276 x 1.6 x 1.1 = 487 dmg

If it increases only the damage that was dealt due to the hit being a headshot, we would expect:
276 x (1 + 0.6 x 1.1) = 458±1 dmg (an effective increase of 3.6%)

Here is the same test as above, but with 10% weakspot dmg perk.

2 Likes

Thank you for testing it for me. And yeah, in that case, i guess it goes onto the “why does it exist” list…

Right now they seem like traps for people that don’t invest into Meta Information about the game or test a lot of weapons.

I’m a bit late but, you can search on forum by “weakspot” or something like this. One of the devs explained how it works and explanation been given to you are correct. So yes, weakspot/crit dmg are trash and not worth even on weapons with high weakspot/crit modifier. +25% armortype damage always superior with few exceptions.

Bloat

It’s all bloat and nothing matters

Breakpoints? Builds? Fogettaboutit