What are some new psyker staffs ideas you would like to see?

Would like to see something with beam based, maybe longer you hold it on a target the more damage it does overtime. May or may not set that one target on fire.

Also something with ice, since lore wise, warp use is associated with freezing temperatures.

Edit: Also kindly stop giving my psykers guns. He’s allergic to them.

• Beam is a great choice. Low damages but precise, charge does high damage but strong peril
  • Cold would be great, with a similar effect of the beast of nurgle on floor
  • Blue flames on floor
  • Telekinesis. Possibility to block like the deflector and to hurt attackers with a ranged attack
4 Likes

Something with defensive application would be nice. Say normal attack is a short-range blast, secondary is a static shield that stops ranged only as long as its held,and special does a 360 degree knock back like a trauma staffs charged.

2 Likes

What I would really love would be a force staff that functions like the Black Hole PSI-Amplifier from ELEX

It basically throws a grenade that sucks all enemies hit toward where it impacts, which allows you to juggle them at range if your aim is good.

Of course on the force staff this would require charging the ability to get as big of an effect as in ELEX and no be spammable because of peril.

This could be called something like “Vortex Staff” or “Singularity Staff”

I would really take any staff that fires a long range arcing projectile though. That’s my favorite type of attack in a game, and it’s a little sad that it’s only for grenade launchers right now.

2 Likes

I want a staff that can allow you to telekinetically puppet people. You won’t be in direct control because of the type of game it is, but if it makes it so that you can get a scab shooter to shoot at his mates, and then the rest of the squad just breaks in confusion/shoots the guy shooting them. Doing it to chaff enemies would be quick, elites would require a charge time like brain burst.

4 Likes

Another type of staff I would really love to see would be a melee slot staff that uses the staff strike set as its primary attack, but has a large telekinetic shield for its block. Instead of a regular push attack it would cause a shockwave, sort of like how the force sword used to do, just with damage and higher peril cost.

2 Likes

I want a scope on a staff, because reasons

1 Like

A psychic blade rod /focus as a melee weapon. It’s like a power sword but always on, but you can’t block with it at all.

I would like some cast and forget type stuff. Like Hemorrhage in Inquisitor: Martyr.

Maybe area of denial effects like Evard’s Black tentacles in D&D. Messed up warp horrors.

Ice shard machine gun staff, to get back at all those gunners…

At least one psi-infused rifle…

Beam staff, like others have said…

Deflector dome/wall.

Another one would be a crush staff. Pick up enemies, squish them a bit and them throw them at someone else. It’ll be similar to the Sister of the Thorn’s Staff, but have it do damage with the lift.

Yes, that’s what I designed as telekinesis.

I would like to see not new staffs, but replase of special attack. A shield that generates peril over time and can block ANY attack from ANY angle. If kinetic wrath is not on cooldown - on 95 peril shield explodes does little harm and knockback enemies around. This consumes kinetic wrath. If ult is on cooldown - go boom yourself.

Psykic link staff, working like the skill from Dishonored 2. Shoot a large AOE “explosion” that makes all enemies affected take shared damage for 3 seconds, with special attack “detonating” the psykic link for burn damage.

Staff that applies a prolonged brain burst on an enemy, with channeling(holding primary+secondary fire) speeding up the BB(on staff) from, say 200% base BB trigger time on start, to 50% after 5 seconds, which goes away after another 5 seconds(giving time to manage peril and whatnot)

Any kind for staff that would be a “heavy weapon” equivalent, with very long charge times, very high peril generation, but very adequate effects.

Like lightning staff variant that makes a lightning storm in an area. Trauma staff with special attack switching “small AOE, high damage” to “large AOE, low dmg, high stagger/knockback”. Flame staff variant could lay down fire walls/pools or maybe have a “turbocharger” to increase flame range, damage and DoT at a high peril cost and a significant cooldown that disables the staff for a few seconds after.

All the existing staffs would also benefit from reworking their primary fire to be unique to each(not even talking about the useless special which I use for shenanigans and cheesy roleplay).

1 Like

A more mobile kind of staff. Every single staff in the game right now slows you down a lot while charging (except Surge, to a moderate degree) and gives you terrible dodge distance and dodge count.

Only if the staff is based entirely around the very OP staff special.

Gotta scope in so you can baseball bat their heads off more carefully. Bonk.

1 Like

A wormhole that follows your Crosshairs and drags enemies around with it, just because it would be stupidly fun.

Some type of support staff would be nice to have.

Name: Guardian Staff

Primary Attack: Grants yourself and a targeted ally a warp bubble shield for 30 seconds, this shield will fully absorb 10 ranged hits or 2 melee hits before breaking.

Secondary Attack: Charge up the staff and then buff yourself and a targeted ally with a melee power bonus, this bonus increases melee weapon attack power by 25% for 15 seconds. Melee weapons have a warp aura affect around them to indicate the buff is active.

Special Attack: You quickly release a shockwave of warp energy around you, knocking over and staggering nearby enemies. Only deals a small amount of damage.

So you can’t really directly kill anything with this staff, but you can buff yourself and team mates quite a bit which will make it pretty powerful.

That seem more like a Class ability than a weapon

I mean not all the staffs have to directly attack the enemies, I think a support staff could be nice to have. You can technically kill the enemies if they’re really low on HP or near a ledge with the special attack, although that’s mostly for clearing space.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8f293647e03b67b97b76074d9b6fcaa0/tumblr_n4u05gT7G01snzbj4o1_500.gif