Weaves Season 1 never happened (in terms of rewards) and this is not okay

Untrue. Top 100 or Top whatever reward were only leaked files, nothing was announced, and thoses disappeared from files long ago before the end of the season.
If now, the Purple was in “Weaves challenges” and not “Season 1” challenge from the beginning, that also means it was not exclusive to this season.

It got confirmed by Cm’s, which i got an apology for when they changed their mind, i’m not making assumptions on rumors.

Like i said in what i typed, the devs didn’t even know if it would be available for only this season or not, i am not making stuff up, if it was so simple as just looking in what tabs the achievements are how come devs aren’t even sure?

I mean, it’s not an assumption, they did want to do that at first, but they did not announced it officially. Discussion happened and they did not pursue with that (and it’s far better like this)

If you want 100% completion of everything u (you as whoever would like to complain about this) better be hardcore player and play often not take 3 months breaks and then complain you dont have the frame.

This is just comical, seasonal rewards are seasonal otherwise it’s pointless.

It is reward for specific seasonal challenge, no other thing can replace it later, or it’s losing it’s value => there will be hardly any motivation to push for it.

You can’t buy medals or cups. (or if u do, like if I buy medal from some olympic winner, it’s just pathetic) Those are awarded for specific accomplishments.

It brings everything if we are talking about seasons and motivating players.

We talked about his in other tread, that would be just waste of time and energy, people who wanted to do that insanity, did it in S1.

There is so much stuff that needs fixing that this should be getting no attention imo, just lock the S1 rewards and focus on important stuff.

And nobody would play it. Because why would they not play in past 3+ months or how long that season was. People did not play it cos it was crazy nightmare and the pain wasn’t worth it for them.

That’s the thing.

If someone wants the purple frame he should go back in time and do it when there was a loads of time to do it.

Because it’s mess and they still do PR crap instead of actually answering the questions straight up.

It’s like the damn “Give us the night maps every-frickin-one wants” … question asked for literally year and some months… answers … like decent answers… nowhere, and it’s like this with most of the stuff.

This is very much on point, it was fu*king nightmare the S1 and nearly everyone who did it, did it for the frame, not because they enjoyed the weaves.

1 Like

And if players knew a clear answer from the devs about wether or not the frame would been available in season 2, nobody would of played s1 weaves.

Exactly.

Btw tbh, I thought it’s like 100% seasonal reward, because otherwise there would be no reward and … who in their right mind would do season… first season, with no rewards ?!

2 Likes

Again, seasonnal does not mean eternally exclusive. No. It does not.
If you even look at the word, you do know that seasons cycle back, winter will come back next year.

Which is why I proposed cycling back thoses, or others means to do that which doesn’t devalue the seasonnal challenge.

That’s nether a medal or a cup. That’s a digital item.

No it would not. Actually it makes the whole mode more interesting for people who buy it. As they have access to way more weaves. Newer players will not lose 3 years of content after 3 years of seasons = More buys…

Well it can be done in several months. Nothing say “DO IT NOW”

Unfortunately, you’re not Nostradamus.

No it’s actually not. We get it each year.

Except thoses who want leaderboards (or early access to a frame). That’s actually okay. The issue is if the leaderboard don’t stay. (and here’s the real issue, the leaderboard didn’t stay)

Which they also said, would stay and be viewable

Oh and christmass comes back every year aswell, but the presents are different :smiley:

I don’t know if they said that, but it should indeed come back.

OP is kind of wrong about there not being any rewards in season 1, as we had the season 1 Okri’s Challenges. Completing these challenges can be said to be a reward in itself, for the sake of completion. To me, having these challenges completed means that my effort put into season 1 wasn’t a complete waste.

But I have to agree with the OP in spirit. The “reward” of completing those challenges is totally insufficient for the amount of effort it required reaching weave 120 or 160. Those Okri’s Challenges don’t show up in the summary view, and there’s no in-game way of showing others that you actually completed them all. And the challenges themselves only awarded Commendation Chests.

Also, none of those Okri’s Challenges required you to reach a high weave. In fact, you only had to complete the first 36 weaves if you wanted to complete them all. Most of them were a huge grind, and the remaining ones could be done on any difficulty.

If I had known that there wouldn’t be any exclusive reward for getting to weave 160 in season 1, and that the leaderboards would get deleted, then I wouldn’t have bothered doing anything other than the season 1 challenges.

4 Likes

That has nothing to do with how this should work.

That’s something like saying, expression “You can count on me!” should mean, you can take a pen and make calculations on my back… no. It’s metaphorical. Not literal.

Ofc it does devalue it. If S1 was ultra hardcore and S2 3 4 5 or whatever is easy… that is devaluation.

If I sell you some unique diamond or whatever and next year I offer other people same ones for cheaper, then sure I’m devaluating the one you already bought. And now imagine you bought the first one for 1mil $ and I will sell more of the same ones you didn’t know about for 5000$ later :smiley:

That would be just amazing scam.

And that is what you are proposing here, to make it clear.

Digital item… like those have no value, if you got some worthless bitcoins I can provide address you can send them to, I’m a collector of useless digital stuff.

What players ? Who cares about this. No new player is capable of doing S1 0-120. If those were available now, they wouldn’t do crap there anyway.

And now there is new season, that they can do, there is the “content”, new players are not losing “content” and nobody is going crazy buying VT2, because they can do S1.

In this case I kinda am, since you know how many people played weaves in the end of last season ? Zero, 0.

Here you are joking, fu*kin week of the maps that look better or at least as good as the original ones, in the game which is lacking replay-ability.

I’m telling you now, if this goes like this, there is not next year nigh maps. The game will be dead.

That has nothing to do with how it works in PoE but as already said, a lot of others games do exactly that. That does not mean PoE is the only truth.

If season 1 was ultra hardcore, and you can still do it, even with the little changes they made, it’s still the same scripts, it does stay ultra hardcore.
It’s not a diamond and they didn’t sell it as unique. So no it’s not what I’m proposing here.

Exactly, and others are as well. The fact that they came later than you shouldn’t mean they do worth less than us as players. Exclusivity is a plague, and Vermintide 2 does not need it, they already have Nurgle for this.

The achievers. Thoses who does exists. Those like you, but that arrive late.

Well, I did, since I was not finished. Therefore it’s not 0. Indeed you’re like Nostradamus, you’re wrong =p

Let’s see that in a year then.

4 Likes

I can’t see any reason it’s a bad thing, if the exclusieve item can be obtained by playing a gamemode in a 3 month timeframe.

Also what about seasonal frames, frames that you can obtain in the season and it stays 2 seasons max or something, and if you get the new season frame it gets replaced. Just an idea.
Edit: and if you don’t get 120 weaves after 2 seasons your frame gets removed.

Well, content is produced, why feeling the need to prevent late players to get it by doing the nearly same challenge we did ?

Uff, of course that if you come later, you can’t be crying about getting stuff people got somewhere on the timeline before you. It’s like me crying that Bill Gates was born sooner and I had no chance to sell MS-DOS to IBM… damn exclusivity!

And it’s same damn conversation as people crying about difficulty and so on. Everyone wants everything. That’s not how it works anywhere.

You didn’t finish it in last few days. And even when you were doing it, it was pretty much dead (which is also why you had hard time even getting group, and btw it was hard even when the weaves fu… started, to get the group going), there was maybe few games.

It died out super fast after few weeks. Usually there was like few new groups doing something super low and then here and there someone doing something higher, close to dead. There wasn’t multiple groups grinding weaves in last week. There was hardly multiple groups grinding it in last month.

You do know why you’re using the diamond and now IBM example ? Because exclusivity is a marketing thing. Digital items can’t “run out”, they cost nothing if you want to produce “more” of the same.
Vermintide 2 is nether a MMO nor it is a F2P, it does not need exclusivity.

And exclusivity won’t change that.

Because in 20 years of gaming and even some years working in the industry, I see numerous example of games that becomes dead slowly, because they focus on retaining old players rather than focusing on new (of course it’s a balance between both). And to me, it’s pretty important to not lose the focus on this, as if you only retain old players, but do not attract much, that’s how you become dead. (or you can also not retain players at all, that’s another way to die, but that’s another topic)

We don’t want this game to become nether PoE, Overwatch, or Fortnite. This is not why people bought it in the first place. This should not replace a mmo or a F2p game.

XD
No, I’ll take the closest example of this specific games.

Deep Rock Galactic, L4D2, and Payday.

Deep Rock Galactic have weekly event, random seeded, but gives no exclusive rewards, only hard to get material.
They also have seasonnal events hats, but they do cycle back regularly.

Payday 2 did some sort of “support” pack limited time, that contained exclusive items. And they did not do it again : Reason, they had to make “nearly the same cosmetics” for thoses who missed it, a thread pop often asking for thoses masks. (and like Vermintide 2 they also took strange decision during the life of the game, and came back on their word several time to not mess it up too much)

L4D2 had a preorder exclusive “melee weapon”, they did give it to everyone after a while.

This is important, exclusives are seen by some people as predatory marketing. This is not seen like this by everyone, but still it prevent some players to come for nothing.

You see me typing for ages because I was doing a weave XD

Now, on that part, I understand, you want it to be linked to the challenge. And I do agree, in the best of the world, it stays linked to the challenge (therefore the idea of legacy seasons, that can be still played, unlocking challenge, but no leaderboard). But look at the other thread it did allow Exanimia to get it as well. It’s not linked to the same challenge than S1, but it still one more happy player here.

Now, on the leaderboards part, there’s an issue, as the main concept of seasonnal ranking, is actually to get a rank during the limited thing. (and that is not in PoE only but all others games as well that use a seasonnal leaderboard, no exception, even if sometimes, they show only the X last seasons).

Dont forget that there are time gated portrait already. Event portraits are there. And there was no way to get these event port. Also there is port that eternal snake port which is exclusive for few. Let season 1 120 port set on season 1 is needed to respect players who did 120 weave on season 1.

1 Like

No i agree, i just don’t see how a doing something challenging in a season time frame would get rid of new players or not bring new players in, but i’m not a game designer or whatever, i’d just love to understand and maybe change my mind.

Weeklies are like weeklies we have. I have deep rock but i played it when i just came out so it has been a while, what do those seasons contain?

From support pack i assume it’s something you pay for? Don’t really see it comparable to weaves.

Also a sale tactic, it cost money, and i am against exclusive items if you need to buy them.

Yes because most of these need to be bought, but imagine having to do 40 qp cata weaves to get a frame in a season, thats completely doable and wouldnt, from what i think make players leave. Or for example giving 3 weaves unlocked to everyone and let people try and topscore on them or something and give them 3 months time to do so.

Yea that’s true, i’m just not comfortable because it’s called seasons, like players getting cata FoW on their own time is fine with me, it’s just the fact that they give us 3 months to get something, if they don’t wanna reward players for playing in those 3 months what is the point (i am repeating myself sry) i just want something to show that i did it, at that time even if its a small number in my pink circle xd, it’s an ego thing i know. And i don’t think leaderboards would be enough for me atleast.

But have you understood what I wrote? A guy said: “Fatshark should keep the old weaves with the old damage. If you want the purple portrait, play them”.
If to get the purple portrait I have to repeat the s1 experience, I must have the old BW (and the old Spear and the inability to block arrows without a shield, etc etc) too. This is a fact: otherwise the experience would be different.

This isn’t your decision. Fatshark chose to leave the purple portrait under “general weaves”. And I agree with them.
And anyway I was answering to another guy for another speech… Read the above parte.

And anyway, IN GENERAL, you guys should be happy that new players can get the purple portrait. More incentives, more reasons to play, more goal to reach… They can be only good things for a dying community. But nope… You guys are childish and jealous. If someone gets that portrait without the old damage (and also without BrokenWizard, don’t forget it), it doesn’t diminish your effort. And wasting Fatshark’s resources to fix this “”“problem”“”… It seems to me ridicolous.
But I repeat. This is a totally in general and subjective speech. I’m not quoting none.

1 Like

If we have to care new players too much, why not care old player, too?
S1 weave was truly painful and who got season 1 120 portrait do invest lots of time on it because Weave 100 ~ 120 was one hit kill stage. Their time need to be respected.