Weapons need some tweaks

How many hours do you have in game?
Swift bow is primarily an anti infantry weapon.
Hagbane is AoE horde control/boss damage.
Longbow is anti everything w/headshots pretty much.

People prefer hag over swift for its boss damage, the ability to make space, AoE stagger, and its not too bad for specials. Typically 2 to 3 charged shots to kill specials.

Each bow does something a bit different which is good.
If hag had more ammo or damage it would certainly become over powered.

Dual daggers are still quite good. Once you learn the dual dagger play style the lack of stam is a non issue.
Dont forget for that lack of stam they have very high mobility, and dont forget that they have reduced push cost for stam.

IMHO most weapons are in a decent place right now.
There needs to be trade offs or things would get out of hand.

A good example of a weapon that does not really have any trade offs would be the Axe and Falch. There is not a single downside I can think of to that weapon.
I am fine with the damage but its dodge count should be reduced.

Yes, some weapons synergize with certain careers more than others, but what’s wrong with that?
You can take just about any weapon on any career and do well with it.

lets not start with how many hours we had, the answer for most of us is ALOT
we all have our pref weapons, and if we read they are underpowered we sometimes tend to try and convice others that they arent :wink:

hagbane underpowered buff pls

3 Likes

yes please devs hear our prayers, hagbane is almost unusable we need a big dmg buff
(one can hope)

somewhere in this post might be an ironic statement its hiding pretty well so be aware

6 Likes

3 Likes

It’s a monster if you always go for headshots - No breakpoints required.

1 Like

That’s kinda the point. Like, what do you do with it other than headshots? :slight_smile:

Why would you have to do anything else with it?

2 Likes

Ask Kruber’s longbow. :wink:

Yeah well, any ranged weapon that can oneshot on a bodyshot and doesn’t have a slow reload is OP in my book. Playing ranged means playing safe, and playing safe should never have a bigger payoff than risking something.

1 Like

Buff hagbane plz. I’m tired of doing 2x more damage than the rest of the party combined. I wanna do 4x as much damage.

6 Likes

Wait where is the 50% damage bonus on headshot for keri written out? I thought it was huntsman kruber who had something like that?

What Keri has that is different is that at level 10 she can choose to have her headshots do 15? more damage or get a bonus …30%? Crit power when over …40%? HP.

Those are the only thinks i recall as standing out from everyone else, because in addition to being good for range they are also great for melee.

Now now, i cant tell if you are sarcastic or not (pardon me, not clever enough) but you seem to underestimate hagbane and longbow a bit on kerillians side.

Its true that hagbane doesnt deal a lot of damage per shot in a single target, however one must consider that this thing can hit as many target as can exist within X space, this weapon is great for clearing hordes because of it.

And when running stacking power for repeatedly shooting you get a 25% bonus power when using it that affects your F as well, this all makes conc pot and strength pot +hagbane really really powerful, i can easily top damage on everything when running this.

As for longbow, its not insane as hagbane but its pretty fine still, its very accurate, has good range and 2 critical headshots can kill a chaos warrior right off with a crit&crit power setup.

While less damage than Krub´s longbow it has better accuracy, loads shot faster when he´s not ulting ( no need to overcharge shots for max damage) and ,well the accuracy is huge on a sharpshooter.

Furthermore does longbow not reload faster than repeater? Sure it can rapidfire a bit but slow-ish reload is a bummer, i honestly feel that bounty saltz crossbow is the strongest sniping weapon by comparison as it has great synergy with his passive, does tremendous damage, good range and accurate as well quick reload.

He can hipfire too without losing damage if memory serves.

Well as for the rest aside from daggers i do not know, but i agree that daggers feel very weak.

what a severe misconception. so you’re doing 2 times more damage than rest with 16 ammo only? i doubt thou stole every ammo in sight before em? - which make sense though.

not saying carrier synergize is bad, jut sayin’ weapon cant be okay just because theres is a char that can do such job with meanwhile the weapons i mentioned are doin’ great on neither these bad synergization.

It is absolutely acceptable that some weapons are only good on some careers.
Originally, f.Ex. the Flail was limited to zealot. But people didn’t like limitations, so now he’s not. It’s still a weapon that is a better fit on zealot.

2 Likes

Also, when a weapon is balanced with the weakest Career in mind, it will likely get overly strong with the one where it fits best.

3 Likes

You have no idea what you’re talking about… Hagbane on WS has unlimited ammo mate. With the ammo on crit or headshots trait, you can fire your ULT into a horde and get around 3-10 ammo back each time. Not to mention you regen arrows all the time with the lvl 15 talent. It’s very hard to run out of ammo. And if you really wanted to, she has other ammo regen talents as well.

3 Likes

nah nah, i saw you smoker, you hacked into my game, spawned infront of me and picked up my ammobag, i swear and then puff he was gone again :confused: DEVS HELP save our ammobags, by buffing hagbane pretty please

Sounds alot like something he would do!