Visual Bug: UI moving off the screen over time

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

the UI elements start moving off screen so I can’t see my health and other info, at time I can’t see my allies health also

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Have the game on Borderless Fullscreen
  2. Run On low, FidelityFX on performance

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Chasm Station HL 16 11 Assassination

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]
ID: GreatGooglyMoogly

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

11/18/2022 5:30 AM GMT +8
Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names

console-2022-11-17-21.04.12-04d51bc4-925c-4d00-8b64-d4922240b9c6.log (301.9 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
    user_settings.config (3.0 KB)
1 Like

Can confirm. Very first mission and UI immediately died after first big horde. Healthbars disappeared and UI began inching off center until half the healthbars were off screen and the stamina element was moved off to the right.

just happened again yep, hard to play the game like this hope they fix it soon

Just to confirm, does this happen on all missions? Also, how consistently does this happen to you?

For anyone else suffering from this, please reply to this thread with an upload of your user config and the console log containing the mission where it happened.

Can also confirm, had several occurrences of this including a visual bug where all the party health bars overlaid each other. Pressing escape and then exiting the menu back to game resulted in the bug shown above with only the first party member showing fully in the interface and the top half of the section party member.

(Also worth noting this happened twice last night and 4 missions in a row today)

I get the same thing happening. At least it’s easy to get it back to normal by Alt+tabbing out and back into the game.

Issue Description:

UI goes out of screen randomly while in mission making it impossible to see team status properly.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start a mission
  2. Randomly during the mission the UI goes weird - screenshot attached

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/a

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

11/17/2022 8:00PM GMT

Reproduction Rate:
Often (<75%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-17-18.29.02-f6b7e9df-909f-4994-a4ac-905db18db6d3.log (339.4 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (3.1 KB)

1 Like

Same, my UI/HUD just randomly starts overlapping and I can only see 1 characters hp bar to the bottom left and not my own or anyone else, its outside the screen to the lower part. I cant see my ability F skill icon either, so I dont know the cooldown
I can still see my weapon HUD tho.

This happens every game for me, I play on 2560x1440p and HUD size at 80%

I came here to submit this exact thing.

• 3440 x 1440
  • HUD resized to 90%
  • Resets to OK after the mission is completed

After a few more games it seems I started to see a pattern.

Looks like it is related to the use of the medstation inside a mission. See below another screenshot right after using the medstation:

I want to report this issue too.
Apparently I can’t upload images despite what the steam forum says so here’s an imgur album of a couple examples:

This issue seems to have been fixed as of POB Patch 1

Just happened to me

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Sometimes during the match, the ui elements shift around with the result leaving the player’s information off of the screen.

Steps to Reproduce:
Unsure
Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Randy Butternubs

Has occurred several times

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Unusual

can confirm, this bug happened to me too. it feels like it’s happening almost every game now. the ui shifts up and to the left for me. it got so bad last night that my characters ability was right next to my crosshair. i didn’t think to grab a screenshot at the time, but i will edit my post if/when it happens again with more detail.

1440p
happens from three different hud sizes i’ve tried: 70, 85, 100%

almost immediately after the team used the medicae station.

after pressing escape twice

sorry for the less-than-stellar screen shots, it’s hard to do during endless horde.

Just adding some more info, I run the game in borderless window. When this happens if I ALT + ENTER to go full screen it fixes the bug.