Versus Quick Play 100% Crash

Issue Type (Required):

Versus

Issue Description (Required):

Could it be a mod? Yes, probably. Will I try disabling them? No, I’ll just play a different game.

GUID: c699cd6a-df71-4c60-9c78-f250c4954f4a
Log File:
Info Type:

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

1. Load Into Versus via Quick Play
  2. Game Starts Loading
  3. Crash

Level Name (Optional):

Righteous Stand

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, but I haven’t tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

1 Like

This specific crash should be resolved in our recent hotfix.

Though if you find crashes persist and you have mods enabled, then it’s highly likely to be mod-related as they do not play nicely with Versus currently.

1 Like

It’s an alpha early release and the modders also didn’t update their stuff yet (and won’t for an alpha that’s around for a week or two).

I think it’s a bit unreasonable of you to expect fully working mod support for something in the development process.

This is the chef allowing us into the kitchen while he’s preparing the raw steak for frying. Of course the raw steak will be raw and the potatoes that go with it aren’t done yet.

1 Like

I don’t expect it all to be working fine yet, that’s not what I said, and that’s not the concern here. I just don’t care enough to disable the mods I enjoy.

What concerns me is sanctioned mods becoming unsanctioned due to updates making them incompatible. Since no mods have been sanctioned in quite some time, I wouldn’t expect them to come back either, and because mods haven’t been getting sanctioned for years, many have not even been updated. When Fatshark does implement features from a mod, it’s often done in a suboptimal way.

Now the game isn’t crashing when loading into versus with the hotfix, but my HUD is back to the standard garbage. I can’t see if a teammate has Nat Bond at a glance, their ammo capacity and count, health, cooldown, etc. The Numeric UI Fatshark has is suboptimal and doesn’t provide all that useful info. My Ammo counter doesn’t change color if I’m low. My buffs are way in the bottom left on my 4k screen.

I’ll just play something else. I’m not interested in Versus, only in collecting frames and right now the game is in a worse condition than when I was already getting burnt out on it. Now, it’s been crashing in adventure mode, and I don’t even have the patience to share bugs. I’ll give the devs feedback though. I’ll post my thoughts here, and maybe they’ll update the game to support these features instead of having to use mods to optimize my HUD.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.