Vermintide 2 - Patch 2.1.0 (Season 2) BETA

Just played a few games with Waystalker sword & Dagger. Used thp on crit/headshot, didn’t notice a difference at all…

Love the new map, just kept expecting undead to attack us :frowning: that castle sitting off in the distance looks smexy. Can’t wait to get in there and rescue Geneviève Dieudonné

4 Likes

I understand it alright.
In a controlled environment and capable players -> premade, you still have no problem to be full with thp all map long. You just have to coordinate collecting books and checking item spawns and you can push constantly to keep up sustain.
And if I wanted to play UC with crowbill, I’m still forced into healshare, because the zealot’s on-kill feast turns into a famine…

1 Like

Not tied to weapon types. Just put the useable neck traits on the talent row (boon, bark, bond) and make thp options all available as neck traits. Ez pz. I have no problem cutting other traits from the game and then FS doesn’t have to worry about balancing them.

2 Likes

Also, UC doesn’t have on kill. Wym?

That’s the problem, she doesn’t have it.

Thp generation is WEAPON dependent, nothing else. They tried to suit it to classes in order to have them as talents, but it’s a blatantly flawed design.
Whatever form is it reworked in, every method has to be available to everyone and then the player can pick for their playstyle.

4 Likes

As per the Winds of Magic - Season 2 Blog Post

Players who already own existing Vermintide 2 DLC’s will be retroactively awarded with Shillings.

Will this still happen? I’m currently on the beta, own existing DLCs, and have finished all Bogenhafen weekly quests, but I was not retroactively awarded with Shillings.

1 Like

Probably when the Season 2 patch goes live for all.

Ah home sweet home. Time to take a look at what we’ll have in the be-

1 Like

So it appears the big update for this patch is a cosmetics shop. Our premade left the game months ago due to the WoM update, I’m not really going into why specifically as it would be too long.

If we take the time to come back to this game and give it a chance only to find that:

1. Cosmetics we know we’ve already unlocked are magically now not in our inventory and need to be “rebought”
  2. We don’t get awarded with whatever new currency you decide to do (essence, shillings, fatcoin, whatever) based on our existing owned DLCs or achievements even though we know we should be awarded it.

We will be out the door faster than you can say Burblespew Halleberry.

Are you sure about this. Because it seems to be the first report I see of this. And I find it strange that you’re the only one that actually had this bug.

Yeah and a rather new free map, nothing too new or too interesting, you can move on.

You do get rewarded for owning a dlc by an added quest, and I think you’re getting rewarded for each dlc by some amount when the beta comes to an end (that was the first plan, can’t really know if it’s still the plan though). Because it’s a beta, and they test stuff.

2 Likes

I still have my hats in the beta. Can’t really say about the being given shillings or how much but you do get more weeklies each week based on DLC owned.

So it seems that if you change over to the beta branch it’s an 8GB download. If you then go back to live it’s only a 24Mb or so download. Once then you go back to beta you have to download the full 8GB again. Why the hell did you do it this way?..

Probably steam related, as it remove and add files kinda automatically for the various need so it happens like this :
-> Switch to beta, Add the map
-> Switch to current, I do not need the map anymore, removing map.
-> Switch to beta, I need the map, downloading it.
-> Switch to future main branch at the end of beta, I still need the map, I’m not removing it.

2 Likes

Literally all of the opt in betas have behaved this way.

Nice tinfoil hat assumptions, by the way.

1 Like

Gotcha. I read that as the zealot was stealing all of your kills. But yeah, you need to be able to choose any thp talent on any class.

This one wasn’t fixed either…

1 Like

This is the way it should be, otherwise you would have to uninstall the entire game and reinstall the entire game for changes or betas, say a hat causes crashes, just remove the hat by removing its “requirement” to be there to be “current” version. Verification happens and removes files or gets missing files.

??? Please provide screenshots, I still have all my previously unlocked cosmetics and I haven’t heard a whisper of anyone else having such a problem.

6 Likes

Dunno if it’s this, but what has happened numerous times to me (again now switching to Beta) that some, not all, careers lose their green heart “favorite” symbol from either just some category of items, or from all items, and they can be accidentally scrapped. When I scrap things it goes: go to each item view and favorite those I want to keep, then go to scrap view and get rid of everything. If there is reds I intended to keep or cosmetics mixed in I might not even notice.

so the beta has been out for quiet some time. any updates on the next steps. we need a timeline or something. second map date would be nice, etc.

4 Likes