Vermintide 2 - Patch 2.0.4

Well, a person doesn’t become Jaded, negative and critical purely in an instant, and only ends up like that by experiencing repeatedly broken patches that often add old bugs that were once fixed. A consumer who has a broken(buggy) product is likely to feel somewhat negative about that product.

All players, of course, are entitled to make their own judgements about the game. Being sanctimonious doesn’t suddenly elevate your opinion above mine, for example.

4 Likes

Why the talent tier 6 level requirement reduction?

Because of their stupid design decision to push the skill based talents to tier 6 instead of having the stagger on tier 6 since it’s required for cata and you won’t run cata on level 30… it’s almost like they have no real idea of what they are doing.

1 Like

Well, you can run Cata on lvl 30, be it at great disadvantage :smiley: Main problem is (at least in my opinion) people who already played the game and unlocked said talents now had those talents pushed to higher lvl.
I myself found it annoying anyways, not that it bothered me that much but it was annoying.

1 Like

Anyway, nothing prevents from adding new cool talents for level 35. The problem is that FS can’t think through anything well. The effect is just like the examples you just gave.

1 Like

Wait. There is no lohner’s Emporium?
I mean we need at least red illusions for new weapons…
Also i really want to get new hats
especially WHC hat with neck covered

To be fair to FS on the talents, seeing I tried my hand at coming up with alternatives to some of them during the previous betas, it’s hard to come up with talents that are interesting, practical and balanced but also unique, beyond the obvious ones.

That said some of the old ones that got scrapped were decent and could’ve stayed. Various users also had good suggestions for talents on the beta forums so there’s that too.

A few of the new ones seem like new/gimmick mechanics for the sake of new/gimmick mechanics rather than being practical or balanced. Or just plain don’t fit the career or are inconsistent with design goals (for example they took away WS getting ammos over time with Amaranth but then made it easier for Huntsman and BH to regain ammo), also giving a THP on ranged talent to huntsman but no other ranged classes.

Then there’s Share and Share Alike (10% ammo back whenever an ally picks up a cache) which is inferior to Grugni’s Cunning (30% ammo back) and even if they readjust the numbers, both talents fulfill the same niche so that’s pretty lame.

On RV I would love a talent that spreads Ingenious Improvisation to the whole party but maybe at a reduced rate. It’d need to be in a tier with competitive alternatives though.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new tier and not getting one was a disappointment for me, but they need to adjust the existing ones firs and maybe make them more consistent design-wise. I’d also love it if everyone got a tier that was entirely class mechanic related, like BH’s Blessed Shots tier, even RV. It’s weird to me that Pyro and Zealot mostly lost their tier that functioned like that (apart from one talent each).

Zealot was OP sure, but that could’ve been handled via nerfing the overperforming talents and/or switching them out instead. As it is now Zealot anyway has certain OP talents.

As I said before, it all boils down to the fact that they can’t think about it well. And seriously, it seems that this aspect of the game has overwhelmed them. Sorry, but this is my opinion.

2 Likes

Reinstalled it.

Tried 2 games. One just to get a feel for what legend is like (Spoilers, it’s joke, it’s playground.)
Granted there’s Cataclysm now. But there’s no reward for doing Cata except the challenge which is not enough for me personally.
First run failed as IB. Only getting the feel for it.
Second run, changed to main. Pyromancer. Quick Play with 3 randoms.
Got Skittergate.

Result:

Yeah legend is a freaking joke now. What did you do? :open_mouth:
My team litterally only had one mission during that entire run, Stay out of my way.
“Teamplay?” LOL. On legend and below I’d say teamplay is OPTIONAL.

Granted I have not tested Cataclysm since I don’t want to buy the expansion only to try that but maybe it alteast is harder.

2 Likes

Hmm, been absent from the game for a couple of months. Good thing there are some global invariants in it that will keep me from being obsolete. Like no FF or Lord damage in the scoreboard :joy:

Did this patch include new appearances for the new weapons?

Last I heard was next weave season.

1 Like

I strongly suggest to FS that they host a beta test or something similar for the next expansion. Players tend to be very enthusiastic about their games and you could easily harness that enthusiasm to get thousands of man hours of testing at almost no cost. It would have given you an opportunity to catch these bugs and feedback early and fix the problems before they hurt the release.

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Lol with BW with flame staff, you don’t need teamwork, stagger, or any of the fancy new mechanics some people are so supportive here at all, even on cata. Like seriously, there is basically very little amount of teamwork involved in cata games, about the same amount as 1.6 hypertwitch and deeds. The only difference I see is that in 1.6 all class are viable where as now, some classes are beast in cata games (shade, bw) and other classes struggle (slayer).

1 Like

A return to a ranged meta is the last thing we needed.

Unfortunately I had the impression already before that the new melee mechanics would promote that.

(Even ignoring the wacky patch 2.0.3.1 multipliers in Legend and below)

1 Like

Uhmm, was anything changed with the spawnrates from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4?
Legend became even easier than it was pre 2.0 suddenly after the patch.
Like 80% less enemy in hordes.

Still feels harder by a hefty margin, than 1.6, for me. Haven’t noticed any horde size decrease. Elites in hordes are there, though, and we haven’t got those in 1.6. Also terror events tune-up is still there. Also beastieboys. If my Legend QP fails, its usually those guys to blame. Plus, many peps still play as they are in 1.6, going solo left and right, and getting cut off and slayed by the horde.

1 Like

This! So many people out there used to “spam attack and dodge and you’ll be fine” in for a rude awakening… xD

2 Likes

Just a thought, maybe put both THP and Stagger talents on Level 5?

People asked for a long time for THP to be put on Level 5 because of how much of an integral part of the game this mechanic is. You listened.

Let’s all agree that the Stagger system should also be treated as a very important mechanic in the game, yea? The earlier it is introduced to new players, the better.

Where’s the beta test frame we were promised? :cry:

1 Like