Unlocked and Loaded - Weapon, Blessing and Class Changes Balancing Patch Notes - Pt.2

It’s official. They said so when they added them into the game.

I assume that the timed countdown is more of a narrative beat and that the actual mission won’t have an arbitrary timer attached to it.

I really hope Crystalline Will resets peril to 0 and still does the head pop explosion against enemies because if it does, that’s a whole build. Let me play bomb pysker Fatshark, please it wouldn’t even be good but it’d be so fun!

2 Likes

i just read in part 1 that you’re keeping Hadron’s lottery as a way to get weapons quickly.
So will it be possible to let her consecrate a weapon the old way, then change all perks and blessings as desired (if we have enough mastery) since the locks are gone?

Maybe, I was only convinced by the dev blog we may get a time sensitive mission. Really looking forward to playing it

I believe so yes.

Some feedback about balance changes:

Too short duration and too little effect.
Also, the club and shovel special attacks pointless - they don’t do any damage and stun power leaves much to be desired

This looks fun, but the toughness regeneration from coherency isn’t very useful overral considering that it can be interrupted by getting hit and doesnt work without allies nearby.
Also, presence way better sources like momentum blessing or ogryn’s on heavy hit talents makes it questionable pick.
The clubs doesn’t enough damage - they feels ok only with skullbreaker subtree

4 stacks of bleeding per grenade exploded on close range sounds OP against large mixed hordes. Maybe it’s make sense to apply 4 stacks only in the epicenter and twice less stacks outside of it
When rumbler with smoke grenades instead of bash?

I think, it’s unpopular mainly because automatic weapons that require bracing, like 2 or 6 rippers or heavy/mid stubbers, aren’t very good in comparison with other ranged

Please make the gungryn less dependent on his ability
PBB is OP, but other nodes are either weak or situational and don’t give him any interesting distinctive features or tricks. Speaking of keystone, firing a rumbler twice or thrice without reload is cool, but it works too rare. The extra crit chance or explosion radius simply can’t compete with benefits of other subtrees.

It makes sense to nerf “Light em up”, because the Ahlys stubber with its power blessings turns almost everything into ashes way too quick. Rumbler with “Hail of fire” also looks too strong.

The bracing speed also would be interesting for melee ogryns who prefer rippers and mid/heavy stubbers. How about merge “Thick of fray” in “Unstoppable momentum”, which currently synergizes well only with kickback (as easy to aim hipfire weapon)?

New shield blessings, changes to Branx pickaxe special attack and a reworked “No pushover” looks interesting

4 Likes

I’m glad to see my favourite Paul getting much needed new blessings but unfortunately I feel like nothing here can surpass to Brutal Momentum/ Sullcrusher combo, let’s see.

Loving the changes to the Thunder Hammers, especially the activation overhead, finally!
About the Falamer, that may be a bit to much rending but I’m glad that something is being done to make the weapon relevant again.

I’m a bit disappointed zealots not getting more ranged options, also i would hope to see someday introduced a branch for “gun” zealot in the talent tree.
The nerf to bruiser imho wasn’t needed.

Overall good patch and great communication, @FatsharkStrawHat you are the best thing that happened to Fatshark.
Can’t wait to play with this changes

3 Likes

The only reason is fatshark don’t have enough staffs at the beginning so they make psykers use guns.

maybe it can be get another weapons or curio. And for fun, it can be double count, so we might get 4 things after just 1 match lol.

But it seems the boxes are planned from the start to control the number of materials so this can not be done.

@FatsharkStrawHat

(like if you see :crossed_fingers: )

I collected all my feedback here, as suggested by another forum user:
:point_down:

Hope this helps the devs :smiley:

2 Likes

2–25%

1 Like

Hi @Fatsharkstrawhat , Now that thunder hammers are getting reworked, do you know if the devs have any intentions of reworking force swords too? Thanks

1 Like

Why? I mean obscurus definitely needs a redesign but the other two certainly don’t.

2 Likes

You know what? Until recently, this was exactly what I was thinking about Combat Axes. My opinion was that brutal momentum was mandatory.

Well I was wrong…

Yesterday (received my mainboard replacement) i tested eviscerator with perfect strike and shred and it was working great.
Tbh, I feel that perfect strike won’t work on ogryn. Just cause of the critic rate for them. But players should also give a try to the other blessings. They could be surprised.

@FatsharkStrawHat Can we get a word from Fatshark about what is planned about difficulty?? seriously.
When I see the collection of these buffs (and like 3 nerfs), I really feel that you have thrown the weapon balance we had to something else… when I see that stronger weapons are buffed, I feel really anxious.
Do I have to remind that a game too easy is clearly not interesting???
I rarely get the nostalgia to play uprising missions (irony, I never get this nostalgia)… So, please, tell us you won’t ruin this game!

3 Likes

Note: I have made an edit to this post!

A couple Additional Edits to clarify after reading feedback:

1. re: New: Penetrating Flame
    • 1-4% Rending on Burn Stacks. Maximum 20% Rending.
  2. re: Relentless
  • Removed. It is now included in Executioner’s Stance per default.
    Dev Note: Relentless was pretty much a must pick for the viability of the Ability.

Can we please just be able to pull out a melee weapon and not cancel the ability? It sucks if a dog, a poxburster, or some groaner runs up behind you you have to lose your ult to protect yourself.

Dev Response: This will also be fixed in the patch!

21 Likes

HECK YEAH!

That’s 2 major functionality issues gone. With the ability to actually melee the random poxwalker spawned directly behind you when you hit the ult, it’s more viable for weapons that aren’t Helbore.

6 Likes

this is a great change! thank you. ES is still a strong ability, but it will be even stronger.

2 Likes

Instead of keeping rending can we just have an actual armor destruction system like division 2 and helldivers 2 thanks

1 Like

Is there any chance that it can be conveyed to the devs that rending as a mechanic shouldn’t be available to an infinite ammo screen clear? Psyker is going to have 30% rending, 10% from the skill tree, and 20% from the blessing itself. The class already has so many infinite sources of aoe damage that it can’t properly be scaled against massive hordes like other classes can. This won’t do anything but make this obviously huge balance problem even more obvious. When you see players backstepping your hordes for 10 seconds straight, their reward shouldn’t be the hardest to kill enemies in the game evaporating like boiled water.

1 Like

Can we have the instant reload on executioner’s stance back (or at least as a talent?)

1 Like