In the upcoming update we are changing many of the “perfect block” blessings to simply trigger on block. That’s a great QoL update but Ogryn and Arbites have a talent each that works exactly the same way.
How about we change them to the following version?
Ogryn’s Unbreakable
New version:
Perfect blocks can block all attacks (stays same as it is right now)
On Block gain +20% melee damage on your next attack (we removed the perfect criteria)
Nah, Retaliatory Force is already really good as is. It lasts whole 8 seconds, gives you one of the best buffs on the talent tree for a blue node, can be refreshed while active and also has passive block cost reduction.
The blessings they are buffing on September 29th are much worse in every way than Retaliatory Force. They last less, give less, can’t be refreshed while active, take up a blessing slot (of which a character only has four), and have no non-perfect block effects, effectively leaving the player without a blessing if they get unlucky.
The Unbreakable change sounds good, though. It only gives the buff for one attack anyway.
I feel like Unbreakable is pretty strong already for just the perfect block bonus and now it is in a much better place on a tree than previous. The 20% damage on next attack bonus is a cherry on top of a good node.
btw, it would be nice to add more complex conditions where bonuses change depending on a regular/perfect block, like they did with “Lightning Reflexes”.
Easy to learn, hard to master, bla bla bla.
I find the value of slab shield is the ability to block ranged, and taunt scattered little gunners with attention seeker forcing them into melee. I don’t need to block many attacks when I’m in melee because I’m stagger chaining everything. I’ve tried perfect blocks in game but it feels so slow waiting for the enemies to swing when I can just mulch them faster. Something interesting I noticed from the scoreboard mod, most of my team mates are only blocking between 0 and 20 attacks per game, often single figures!
exactly! When I’m blocking I am not dealing damage. It’s always way more efficient to dodge and attack. Attacking kills the enemy and a dead enemy means you don’t have to block
maybe dodging is a bit overpowered in this game but it is what it is. That’s why i think perfect blocks need to go from talents too.
At least if im gonna trade attacking for blocking i should get a power up for my next attacks.
“Perfect” Block is surprisingly easy to achieve. I had Perfect Indicator mod enabled to show when I perform one, and it happens all the time with weapons I like doing push attacks.
in my vision the only thing you need to block perfect with “unbreakable” are overheads from maulers and crushers.are you really thing ogryn should block these types with regular?i think no.
so as i said = talent could just extend further.
+20% strength for regulars and perfect for overheads.
moral of the story is that still no-one takes these blessings / talents because it still requires one extra thing to remember / time.
Like others said, if u look at the average match how often people block it’s quite rare.
and perfect blocking is a fraction of that.
In the case of blessings you simply have better choices available, you often can stack power on the top of power just for hitting things. In the case of talents, its more nuanced, as you have 30 talents to spend, but even then those picks are very weapon specific. The game simply offers too easy access to Power (Strength) and damage blessings / talents, and most people don’t think about breakpoints or whatever they could trade excess damage for something else like attack speed, dodge counter refresh etc.
Darktide would be a more interesting and probably more balanced, if access to Strength, damage blessings and talents was far more limited.
true.
no need to take a blessing with elaborate condions if you can take a plain % to damage.
it would be fun if FS just erased all plain dmg/crit blessings from DT.